Plants in a messy garden

Reaction score
Country
dz
Hello everybody,
I got a very messy garden, it has dry plants and a lot of wild herbs. I'm not familiar with gardening and plants at all.
Can you identify some of the plants in these pictures? Sorry if the quality is not very good.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
us
Welcome to the forum! :) I am sorry, but I don't recognize any of them. :(

Did any of them get flowers this year? Even if you don't have pictures of the flower, posting the picture again, with a description of the flower might help someone to identify it. :unsure: (Same if anything is producing fruits, berries, or seed pods.)

Can you rub the leaves of the herbs, and identify any of them by smell?

Reaction score
Country
dz
Welcome to the forum! :) I am sorry, but I don't recognize any of them. :(

Did any of them get flowers this year? Even if you don't have pictures of the flower, posting the picture again, with a description of the flower might help someone to identify it. :unsure: (Same if anything is producing fruits, berries, or seed pods.)

Can you rub the leaves of the herbs, and identify any of them by smell?
I didn't decide to clean and take care of this garden until recently, I was not aware of the changes that happened to those plants during the year, I'm new to this activity, so I said at least I should know the names of the plants and then search for ways to care for them. But thanks a lot for the reply and the advices, I will try to take better pictures later.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
mx
Yes, there is definitely Rosemary and Mint in there. Do we know what climate you live in? This would help with identification, also some of the photos are too dark with too little detail for people to identify. The plants that have leaves that look like pine are Rosemary, most plants with square stems are members of the mint family.

Reaction score
Country
dz
Yes, there is definitely Rosemary and Mint in there. Do we know what climate you live in? This would help with identification, also some of the photos are too dark with too little detail for people to identify. The plants that have leaves that look like pine are Rosemary, most plants with square stems are members of the mint family.
Thank you very much! I live in Algiers, so I guess it's a Mediterranean climate. I will try to take close up photos later.

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
Welcome to the forum. If you click FULL IMAGE, it might be easier to identify them. Also a close up on the leaves and another on the stem might help a bit more. Good variety!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
gb
Welcome Tilmidh. :) As Upsy Daisy and Alp have said we need close up shots of foliage and any berries or flowers please. I'll take a guess at the first picture, top left being a Ficus but I'll try and confirm that with a close up.

Reaction score
Country
dz
Thanks everybody,
I took some new pictures, it looks like most of the plants have some kind of disease.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
@Becky @Ian I literally have to fight to see this gallery, Google Pixel XL Chrome, I cannot zoom, slide or ecetera without the image shrinking away to the original micro sized icon or otherwise disturbing the force with an anti viewer magnetism. Perhaps you could oversee the coding of a macro that would crawl new posts and convert them to full size pics? Overly hopeful I know....:(

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
After you have uploaded a pic, please click

upload_2018-9-23_20-40-34.png

If you click Full Image , life will be easier for us. It's very difficult to identify a thumbnail

SalviaUg.jpg

See, these flowers are in full glory, thanks to my son!

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
gb
8/25 can be a citrus

9/25 could be a sweetcorn or some sort of maize

13/25 could be a rosemary

17/25 a citrus

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
gb
@Becky @Ian I literally have to fight to see this gallery, Google Pixel XL Chrome, I cannot zoom, slide or ecetera without the image shrinking away to the original micro sized icon or otherwise disturbing the force with an anti viewer magnetism. Perhaps you could oversee the coding of a macro that would crawl new posts and convert them to full size pics? Overly hopeful I know....:(
I'll have a look in to this and see why the thumbnail gallery isn't working as it should. Normally, if you click on them it should enlarge fully. I'll test it out on my phone tonight and see what's happening :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
mx
No doubt you have some pests and diseases if the garden has been neglected. If you can post a photo of the disease on the "Pests and Diseases" forums you may get some idea of what you are dealing with. Many common pests like aphids and mealy bugs can be easily taken care of by spraying with soapy water.

Here is a tip and maybe only applies to me but on the id forum, if you post maybe 4 plants to id in a few separate posts you have a better chance of receiving good feed back. When i see so many different plants all on the same post i tend to pass it up, i think this is an all day project and don't have time now, but maybe later.;)

Reaction score
Country
dz
No doubt you have some pests and diseases if the garden has been neglected. If you can post a photo of the disease on the "Pests and Diseases" forums you may get some idea of what you are dealing with. Many common pests like aphids and mealy bugs can be easily taken care of by spraying with soapy water.

Here is a tip and maybe only applies to me but on the id forum, if you post maybe 4 plants to id in a few separate posts you have a better chance of receiving good feed back. When i see so many different plants all on the same post i tend to pass it up, i think this is an all day project and don't have time now, but maybe later.;)
Thanks for the helpful advices!

Ask a Question