My future project

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is the schematic of my landscaping plans
14462375630381809040300.jpg
hopefully it turns out well. Most of the plants are native and are great for attracting hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees. Here's a list of the plants that will be purchased.
144623772903047088476.jpg
I also have two fountains as well that will go along with it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Looks like you have done your home work on your lay out, Adding your fountains will help with attracting Birds, did you think about putting up hummingbird feeders ? You can also plant Cardinal flower for the humming birds, they will also give you a pop of bright red in you garden, they will do well in you garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love how organized you are and that you are focusing on native plants. Is the un-labeled part of the garden going to be regular lawn or something else?
At my last house, at the time I was dating someone with a masters in horticulture. He helped me plan out a garden for my front yard; all perennials and natives, and the "fill-in" bits in between were hardy groundcovers...ajuga, vinca and something else I don't recall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Beth_B its going to be a regular lawn. This is because the home owners association would murder us if we tore up all of the grass.

Reaction score
Wow, you are really prepared. I wish I planned things like like this, but I am more of a "stick something into a dirt and see what happens" sort of gal. Your plan looks awesome! I bet that the way you're going to organize your plants is going to be gorgeous in person.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Very nice- Lawn-you are young and will have either your own kids or friends kids wanting to do somersaults and play on that lawn. Good one!

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing the after pictures, the before pictures would also be something nice to see ;) I've seen some before and after pictures on here, from members that were also planing something big for their gardeners and I couldn't help but to feel amazed!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am also looking forward to see the yard as it matures. Your plans are great. I wish I were that organized in my planning of the landscape of the yard. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I think at your young age you are already a very organized person in everything that you are doing. You had a very well layout plan for your garden project. I know your future garden project will turn out to have a beautiful landscaping. Thanks for sharing your ideas in this forum and like what others had said we are looking forward that you will share to us some pictures of the finish scenery of your landscape.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That would be great! The interesting thing is the process from start to finish. I'm looking forward to it plus we can then look at the plans now and get a better idea of your vision.

Ask a Question