alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp, do you still have the Art Nouveau?? :nailbiting:

Do you know, I nearly missed this. I have been a bit embarrassed posting the same thing and repeating some. AND I had great difficulty searching for this thread. I will now bookmark this page so that I can post and not miss @johnny canoe 's lovely dahlia. I think I have the orange one and the yellow ones as well, John! GREAT minds think alike! :LOL::LOL::LOL: My face turns violet as if I had a glass of wine!

SAM_0969.JPG

It has picked up a bit of colour and I will collect seeds for this.

This is a complicated beauty - Polka. Surprisingly, it is a dwarf. About 16 inches
SAM_0957.JPG

And thank heavens for that, I don't need to stick it. I have 2 flowers already.

A new teaser
SAM_0967.JPG

@MaryMary I'm not sure if it is coming up. But it should be. One big tall one has been plagued by ss and no new shoots. Keep an eye on this thread or mine or even JB's (JB has kindly allowed me to use some of his websites) and you will see them. I'm going to bookmark this one now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm loving all your pics, everyone, and @alp it's ok to repeat and re post, that way I don't have to search through pages to see the flowers.

My latest to bloom is the first of 3 that came in a bag of multi color named "Blend". beautiful contrast of leaves, stem and bloom
I need to name it, because I'm definitely keeping this one!

blend.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm loving all your pics, everyone, and @alp it's ok to repeat and re post, that way I don't have to search through pages to see the flowers.

My latest to bloom is the first of 3 that came in a bag of multi color named "Blend". beautiful contrast of leaves, stem and bloom
I need to name it, because I'm definitely keeping this one!

View attachment 40816

A stunning perfection. I haven't got anything new at the mo. Will post when a new one is totally open. Probably 4 days' time. Keep up with the good work, Gemma!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
......AND I had great difficulty searching for this thread. I will now bookmark this page....

..... I'm going to bookmark this one now.

@alp, at the top of the page, in the second green banner, there is a link that says, "Watched Threads." If you click it, it will take you to a list of threads you have posted in that have unread posts, if you have missed them. (y)

Hoping to see my favorite dahlia!! :love: :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary I have got used to having bookmarks. I will try your suggestion. I remember when I first stumbled upon this forum, you lot taught me how to do this and that. Thank you soooo much!

I don't quite remember the Art nouveau is. Could have died because of the prolonged snow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've waited forever for this one to bloom! I's a Vera say Fang, but I hate the long names so I call her "Vera"!
I like the curly petals, I've never seen one like this before!
dahaliavera.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Which joker coined such a silly name! Vera is gorgeous!

Ask a Question