My baby mango plant needs urgent help

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Hey, im new at this whole plant thing, but i tried to grow mango from seed... it worked, and i did some steps from a yt video, but now the leafs are curling and turning brown, and im not sure if theres any hope in saving it now..i tried doing it once before and similar thing happened, it grew a bit but died pretty soon after i planted it... the only thing that i can think of is too much moisture, since the soil is still wet even tho i didnt water is since i planted the seed (about 10 days ago). I did put a plastoc bag over it like it said in the yt video, but im currently thinking thats what might have caused all of this.. please help me what to do to save it, and if there is hope in saving it?
IMG_20220918_184319.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see two possibilities. The first is it is coming up for Autumn and mangos come from a place with lots of warmth, light, and humidity. It may be that the conditions just are not right.
The other is that most mangos grown commercially are grafted onto a rootstock. That will be because the mango which produces a good fruit is not one that grows well, and of course the fruit carries the genes from the top part of the plant.

Ask a Question