Soleirolia soleirolii (Baby Tears) care ad indoor plant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
hope you are well. I just purchased a “Baby Tears” plant and I need some advice regarding the plant care. I was wondering when I can change pot just because it arrived in a plastic pot and I would love to put it in a nice pot. Also, which is the best pot for this tipe of plant? Any advice will be more than welcome.
Thank you very much in advance to everyone will take the time to answer!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Minty89 and welcome to the forum. If your plant was put in the ground outside it would quickly take the garden over. It`s other common name is ''mind your own business'' and it will quickly cover walls and paths and anything else it grows near. It is quite shallow rooted, and as an indoor plant will like to be near a window but out of direct sunlight. You will need to keep your plant damp all the time, but never overwatered as the stems will die off if they are left too wet. It will be fine to put your plant in any size pot you like as it will soon fill even the biggest one you can find. When you have chosen the right pot and transferred it, you can feed your plant now too during the spring and summer while it is growing away.

Ask a Question