Mourning for my rosemary!

Reaction score
My rosemary plant is dying and it seems there's nothing i can do about it. It's extremely hot here so i don't know if that could be the reason for it withering away. I am feeling totally helpless and rather dismayed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My rosemary plant is dying and it seems there's nothing i can do about it. It's extremely hot here so i don't know if that could be the reason for it withering away. I am feeling totally helpless and rather dismayed.
Where do you live and how often do you water? How old is the plant?

Reaction score
Where do you live and how often do you water? How old is the plant?
Chuck i am living in jamaica; as for my rosemary plant it's about 9 months old and i watered it like every other day so i just dont know what went wrong it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chuck i am living in jamaica; as for my rosemary plant it's about 9 months old and i watered it like every other day so i just dont know what went wrong it.
You drowned it. Stop watering it. I live in South Central Texas where 100+F is normal in the summer and have been in a severe drought for 8 years.. I have both the trailing and the upright rosemary. I have NEVER watered either one of them, ever, and they are fine..1/2 of the upright froze 4 years ago so half of the plant is dead but otherwise they are fine. The only water they ever get is when it rains and that doesn't happen very often. Is this plant in the ground or a pot

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Kammy, I know how you feel, I drowned a few of my beloved miniature roses:cry: I thought that they need a lot of water during hot, summer days, so I used to water them every single day. Now, I do this less often and some my plants seem to be recovering slowly.
I hope you'll be able to save your rosemary!

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about you rosemary, I hope a miracle takes place and your rosemary is spared. I truly hope so! I had a rosemary plant when I was a teen, sadly it died as well. Mine died because I neglected.

Reaction score
You drowned it. Stop watering it. I live in South Central Texas where 100+F is normal in the summer and have been in a severe drought for 8 years.. I have both the trailing and the upright rosemary. I have NEVER watered either one of them, ever, and they are fine..1/2 of the upright froze 4 years ago so half of the plant is dead but otherwise they are fine. The only water they ever get is when it rains and that doesn't happen very often. Is this plant in the ground or a pot

Oh no! I am feeling so bad I thought it need lots of water, I can't believe it's all my fault why my rosemary plant die. I so loved my rosemary plant, it had so many uses. I am looking into getting a new rosemary plant very soon; I think this time i'll be better able to care for it as I'm more knowledgeable.

Reaction score
learn from the mistakes we have made. I have made many mistakes so far and yeah one of them happens to be overwatering, i'm not sure but I think most people have made it and you nor I will be the last. :)

Reaction score
learn from the mistakes we have made. I have made many mistakes so far and yeah one of them happens to be overwatering, i'm not sure but I think most people have made it and you nor I will be the last. :)

It sad to say but i have learn the hard way; it's great to know that we all can bask in the wealth of knowledge that's available here on how to become better gardeners.

Ask a Question