Gap in Rosemary Hedge

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20161031_043908.jpg
This gap in my rosemary hedge looks unsightly and I was considering pulling it out until a friend suggested filling in the gap with sage. As she pointed out , it's next to the bbq and would be handy just to pick a few leaves. There's a bay tree close by as well so easy seasoning. Plus it has purple flowers so it would blend in nicely. Seems like a good idea. Has any one done a "combo hedge".

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've never done it, but it is a good idea. :)
You could plant a little herb garden, and have a "flavor-combo hedge." :LOL:

Chives, oregano and thyme bloom purple. (y) (It's next to the table, too!)

:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
When we lived in town I had a small hedge along the sidewalk going to the driveway--all herbs. Chives, oregano, sage, rosemary, all perennials. Since I used them so often the hedge never got much more than 8" tall, but it was pretty and smelled great!
I think filling in the gap with a perennial herb is a great idea,
(By the way, your patio area is gorgeous!)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks MaryMary and Marlingardener, a flavour-combo hedge it shall be. I've already bought the sage and tomorrow I'll get the oregano and chives. i do have them growing elsewhere, near the back door, but it would be great to have them all near the bbq. We are about to start using this patio area again being spring time. Thanks Marlingardener, we like it:).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20161108_223442.jpg
i had a potbound sage which i tidied up and planted in this gap in the hope that it won't take too long to fill. I've also planted a new one as well in case the old one is past its prime.. I've also planted a thyme, just need parskey and i can sing a Simon and Garfunkel tune.:whistle:

Ask a Question