Moss water features

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Love the first one. Do you have a naturally wet and moisture micrclime in your garden, DM?

You could google youtube Chelsea Japanese moss gardens. This Japanese wins every year because of this moss gardens. Very artistic...
Yes we do have a great deal of humidity, and in the winter the sunlight is lessened so that moss is vibrant all winter. And since moss allows such easy care on our acidic soil I am thinking it will be less work than one might think.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Go for it! It will be fun and why not have a laugh! Just like I'm trying to use an egg incubator to hatch chicks!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Carved-Creation.jpg

I am intrigued by this picture. Since you will be felling trees, one of which is probably rotten in the center, could you build something like this with your own wood? Then you could grow moss on them? Would it be possible to attach a basin of some sort at the end of each log? Aimed at an angle that when full, it would spill into the next log? Or a succession of basins, so there could be three individual birdbaths in the picture?

Is that (more or less) what you said here?
I though about a tier with maybe 3-5 bird bath type areas where the bottom bath has a float switch activating a fill from the top which will then spill downward until the float switch stops it.

Now, that... you could sell to Becky!!! :LOL: You are thrifty, using your own logs to make it. You will have an outside source of water for the birds, and the bees, and the cats. The sound of falling water is very soothing, so it would make a nice spot for relaxing.

Ask a Question