Money tree help

Reaction score
Country
United States
image0 - Copy.jpeg
image1 - Copy.jpeg
image3.jpeg
does anyone know which part of the money tree will grow up to braid, because it looks just flat and the leaves are coming out of the side. was it cut when I bought it or is that how the top is supposed to look. It is relatively new and im just not sure how it is supposed to look on the top of the stalks. I read something that said to braid the new growths, but mine just looks like it has grown more leaves but not anything on the stalk or will the new leaves just grow into more stalks going up out of the side. is there something I should do about the droopy leaves as well, I have been watering it once a week with a good amount of water. someone please let me know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_4388.jpg
also is this good placement for indirect light, and will centipedes harm the tree, I saw one in it but i just ran away and screamed(im terrified of bugs) lol. I dont really want to put my hands in there unless necessary for the plant. is there a mixture of something that I can pour in to kill the bugs but not harm the tree? Could I pull the tree out of the soil and put different soil in or would that be bad for the tree

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi, did some searching about money trees. I have never had one so not sure but it looks like this tree was already braided and then it was cut off. I'm not sure if you can get new growth to rebraid. Maybe check where you bought it and see if they have any info.
Hopefully someone on this forum has experience with these plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Eventually you will notice that the stems have grown from the top and then you can braid the new stems. Don't repot it. That will do more damage. It would prefer to be closer to the window or right in front of it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I have owned a money tree for the past few years and I think the spot in the picture is perfectly fine. My money tree is in a similar position and it is growing well. Also, money trees lose a lot of leaves when moved around so if the tree drops a lot of leaves that is why. I would water about once a week and from what I know about bug problems with plants centipedes are not harmful.

Ask a Question