Snapped my money tree- pachira acquatica- please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum and relatively new to plants. A few days ago I bought a pachira aquatica tree, which I absolutely love! On transportation I accidentally snapped one of the branches and it was the only one growing out of that braided tree branch (not sure if my description makes sense, so I'll post a photo).
I just wanted to ask if you've got any suggestion as to what I need to do to help it grow back and if anyone has had similar experiences?
I've also noticed that some of the leaves are rolling Inwards (put a photo up). Is that normal?
The tree is over 5 feet with 5 braided branches. I'm planning to repot it, as the pot it came in is only 27cm. I was going to use a mix of regular potting soil, high peat compost and a little bit of orchid soil to help with draining. Is now a good time to repot considering that I'm trying to get one of the trunks to grow back some leaves?
I've put it close to the window with only a couple of hours of direct sunlight and ensured there isn't much of a draft coming in.
I've also realised that the water in London is super hard and may cause issues in plants. Any suggestions on this?
ive not watered the tree properly yet, because the soil was quite moist when I bought it.
sorry for the long post and would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
C6219CBA-1044-4387-9F86-7211125394A5.jpeg
7BE279F0-0977-4BB0-AF24-C38A854A96C3.jpeg
6729F314-7906-4973-A0F5-BCEF53BF606E.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
The break is broke and too late to put it back together now. "So sorry for that"! The leaf tip turning inwards is a sign of too much moisture. Your plant needs a lot more light daily for it to thrive. Rotate the pot 1/4 turns every couple of days to make sure the plant is getting light everywhere it needs it. I would not transplant your plant at this time because if you do you will have problems. Let the plant get adjusted to the new home before transplanting. I use only rain water to water my indoor plants and never use tap water. Distilled or Reverse osmosis are other options you could use. Water is so important in the long term. Beautiful Plant, Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for advice! This was taken quite late in the afternoon, the spot is Usually a lot lighter. @oneeye do you happen to know if the money tree usually grows branches after pruning? I’m just wondering how likely it is for it to keep on growing from that particular trunk. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Country
United States
If it does sprout a new branch, it will be from a node, most likely, but it will not be like the original plant top. I can't be for sure without getting a closeup of the plant.

Ask a Question