Miracle needed for a dark corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The far end of the garden only gets a few hours sun in the early part of the day then shaded by the house. I am OK for plants but I need a climber to disguise the fence and wire netting backing it that was put up by the council to block the view of the park that backs onto us and any aspiring house breaker .

There is a canopy of large green leaved ivy climbing over the top but I need something to disguise the first 2 metres on my side. Ideally I would like a climber that flowers in the summer months and more ambitiously with light green flowers !

I have searched the internet and sellers of Clematis and Honeysuckle that I can find but no luck Any advise and alternative suggestions would be helpful

Attachments

• IMG_20240406_170415.jpg
    IMG_20240406_170415.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
White flowers would be the closest I can think of offhand for shade. Two that I used to propagate at work were Hydrangea petiolaris, and Trachelospermum
1712439331034.png
1712439213310.png

First picture is Trachelospermum, I think there is a yellow flowered version and a pink one now, but the white is easier to find.

Ask a Question