Mini Roses

Reaction score
I really like roses, but do not have a big yard to go out and purchase a big rose bush. I really like the mini rose bushes that come potted. The roses bloom to about the size of a quarter and they are pretty. The problem is that everytime I get one, the think dies. Is there any tricks that will help me keep my potted bushes alive? I give them water and sun and not sure what else to do.

Don't give up on miniatures. I have mine outside in pots. Understand that when you first get it, the Bush has been growing happily in a greenhouse in ideal conditions. Once you get it home and put it out in the "real world" of insects, sometimes less than ideal climate conditions, etc. it's normal you'll have some set backs. Keep reading and learning.

Reaction score
A couple of my roses.
IMAG0264.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're all so beautiful! I love these colors. I had a yellow and an orange miniature rose too, but unfortunately they aren't alive anymore:cry:
For some reason, looking at yellow roses always makes me think of spring:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, that's true:) I guess everything has its bright side. I miss my roses very much, but I'm also looking forward to receiving new ones. A beautiful miniature rose makes a perfect gift:D

Reaction score
I've lost a few roses over the years.... and usually the colors I don't usually see in the stores. Now that I've found an effective spray for blackspot, hopefully my loses won't be as many. BTW, do your miniatures have a fragrance? None of mine do at all.. or even the ones in the stores here. I do miss that with the big roses I used to have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
One of the miniature roses that I lost had fragrant, white flowers. It was my favorite, I loved it:cry: Its scent was very delicate and sweet. My pink rose produces fragrant flowers too, but I don't remember the last time when it bloomed, it looks very weak. But I hope it will get better soon.

Reaction score
Another reason I like making cuttings of my favorite roses... just in case something happens to the original. I haven't seen any miniatures for sale lately. I'm itching to get some new ones. I sure wish I could think of something that might help your roses. A thought: is there a spot you could plant one in the ground outside? Or maybe putting one in it's pot outside? If it's very hot there now, maybe wait till fall though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I took a cutting of my two-colored miniature rose, but I planted it in the same pot, so it died too:cry:
I was thinking about planting some of my roses in the ground outside, but I'm sure I'd miss them very much. I like having them in my room and looking at them all the time:)

Reaction score
Just leave it in the pot outside and see if there's any improvement. Pick one that's doing poorly. Being outside now in a pot, it will dry out quicker. I'm assuming y'all have hot summers now like us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Today, it's 25 degree Celsius here, so it's quite warm:) Leaving one of my pots outside sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a try. I hope it will help my lovely roses:) One of them started producing leaves again, so I couldn't be happier.

Reaction score
Fantastic. You might want to put it where it has a little shade in the middle of the day.... until it gets used to being outside. The one with new leaves, you may want to leave inside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yes, it's wonderful:) Looking at those tiny, green leaves makes me really happy and proud:D
I think that a miniature rose would feel great on my parent's terrace. I must ask them if I can put one of my flower pots there, they already have plenty of plants;)

Ask a Question