Medicinal plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We have always had at least one aloe vera plant. Basil and Thyme are a couple others we've grown that you might consider. I've never tried to grow chamomile, but will some day.

Reaction score
Nice video, I have a whole bunch of Aloe seedlings, I hope they make it through this summer. I never tried Aloe cause I heard that it was a extreme laxative. Since the video shows where he cut off the yellow part that he stated is the "laxative part" I may try it. The medicinal herb I am growing this year is Moringa. I paid about 30 a bottle all winter and I can't wait to finally have my own supply. :)

Reaction score
Country
India
I guess Ayurveda has introduced a lot of medical plants like holy basil is very famous and I think it is known to almost everyone. This is all given by nature and being a human being we keep experimenting like tulsi giloy juice is at its peak giving very good results. Not only this but also many more ayurvedic shrubs are booming.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I guess Ayurveda has introduced a lot of medical plants like holy basil is very famous and I think it is known to almost everyone. This is all given by nature and being a human being we keep experimenting like tulsi giloy juice is at its peak giving very good results. Not only this but also many more ayurvedic shrubs are booming.
Given that this thread was started almost 10 years ago I am curious about anything new. I have learned Thyme has some strong antifungal properties.

Ask a Question