Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
To discover my £90 camera which is nearly dying to have that capability was simply amazing. It's this little camera that has helped me to photograph all my flowers. It can't handle orange or close up clearly. Now I know the latter was my fault. I really like Japanese. Korean and Chinese technologies. I really wanted to buy a Hydundai, but the prices were steep. The cars i10 are all very small, just like Toyota Aigo. The interior of my Ford is horribly cheap, no reverse warning, no electronic rear window wind down facility. I hope it is a good runner though. I really like a gold B max which was 1.25 Titanium, with automatic folding front mirrors, but it was gold, old .. 14 or 13 reg and we're already 2020!

Hope sunshine will punch some holes in the clouds
1579678987347.png

Exciting football results last night! Glad that didn't include Liverpool!

This new beauty has a hint of lilac rather than pink! Fully open now. Only one in the garden!

SAM_2298.JPG
SAM_2297.JPG

A subtle ruffled pink. Another new one.
SAM_2293.JPG

When I looked around gcs, I asked myself, "Why are you here? You've all the prettier ones at home!" Sadly some missing!

helHarvintonPicotee - Copy.jpg
hellDarkRdDB.jpg

And this one - no flowers, but 2 labels!
5.jpg

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And this one

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all a nice bright day and milder first helebore out yours are lovely alp
View attachment 60730

Stunning purity!

Must be very miserable your way. Perki is worse - soon to be lashed ..

Have you tried you camera after taking photos using zoom? I'm pretty sure all Panny cameras come with bells and whistles. Do let me know. I'm thinking of buying another one! Japanese make, of course!

Need to teach my Blackie to fly again! Poor thing! He's soooo scared and a ditherer, thinks a lot, like my son! LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Point and shoot alp ,it’s got a decent zoom and WiFi so it uploads the photoes direct to my iPad Nikon and I like it.

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its been quite nice at time today even warm I've had just my t shirt on most of the day . Fog though but with living quite high up it settles in the valleys instead but it did get really foggy again late in the afternoon and tomorrow supposed to be the same.

I liking the Hellborus (y) really nice , the last picture alp is the exact same as the one I am after double white Picotee . My hellebore isn't even growing yet, I did move it late last year , snowdrops are jsut peaking through but next door snowdrops are nearly flowering.

My camera a Sony Rx 100 V I got very cheap 2nd hand off ebay, i like it but the zoom isn't rite good . I keeping thinking about selling because phones are getting really good cameras , its still better than phone camera but for how much longer ? technically it should always take a better picture due to the sensor size but software / camera tricky are making up for it in phones.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I thought you had a panny, Zenj! I really want to buy a canon but last time the £699 one reduced to £300 window was closed before I wanted to buy it. It's a lot of money. Now that I have paid my enormous credit card bill, I feel more relaxed. The penalty is that I am being rewarded with horrible piano playing every day. The piano had been touched after he left uni. It's like 4 year plus!

I nearly bought a Nikon, only to find it took 2 x AA batteries! You've got to be kidding! It's like burning a hole in your pocket! Yes, that lens is very useful. I need to find out more about your model, Zenj! Now that I've found this zoom and trim function, I love this little Samsung even more! On youtube, there were an English man critiquing camera with an American. The Englishman was very knowledgeable and he ran the show. He was saying how useful it is to have a movable screen!

Our last Canon didn't inspire confidence. A few pixels died and there was something else wrong.

Perki: it's a good idea to play around the camera with the manual. It's fun to find out function which I thought never existed. Who would have thought I could zoom in and trim the photo AFTER it has been take with a max-ed out zoom? Amazing! Just think about all the horrible photos I had taken of tiny flowers like snowdrops which were invariably close ups and blurred.

To look for my missing hellebores, I went into our previous threads and saw the date February! Apparently, I am too early to be complaining! You could actually buy that one on ebay! I emailed the man in Kent, he said it was too early to send them with buds. So I decided against it. I had also bought tons of seeds from Ashwood. I dug to much and so often that I don't even where they have gone! Suffice to say, I have millions of tiny seedlings coming out everywhere!

I think PG is trying to phase out polypropylene in its teabags as my mouth is now full of tea granules. All the bags are leaking. No wonder the 240 bag box is now being reduced to £3!

The whole of yesterday was miserably and spitty. Not raining, but spitting. Very foggy and very wet as well!

1579760900604.png

Talked to a man in Homebase. He bought nearly 10 fruit trees. He told me that he's a gardener and had moved to Cornwall where he had 160 acres of land which he had bought for £1.3m! Amazing! He said he and his wife decided that they were no longer young and retired to Cornwall. He said they used to pay £3000 for electricity bill and now they are completely off grid. He said from September onward, he only had 3 straight days of sunshine! I wonder how many slugs and snails he had to contend with.

Neighbour told me that in 2 years' time he would like to move to Somerset or Devon with his girlfriend and might take her mum if she's still alive. The man is a saint. The woman had mum, sons, daughter in law and a baby on tow! The house is like a tardie .. full of people. Crumbs! I hope I move be

My rooster suddenly discovered one of his life's joys - mud bath. I removed some plants to the front as hedge and planted some irises. Blackie suddenly removed some soil and sat in a hole for an hour plus, rolling around and turning its stomach towards the sky. Very touching to see. I think they must have been pre-programmed to have this kind of mud baths. After that, he was muddy and not nice to hold.

SAM_2320.JPG

Due to the lack of sunshine, none of my buds were willing to unfold and I had to tease the petals apart to get a good look. Ceres from T&M. Not bad!
SAM_2312.JPG

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Zenj Your camera has got 4K video, I think! Amazing! And the screen is amazingly flexible! Really love that feature. Ideal for upskirting! ;)

Canon is lagging behind and I'm interested in a Sony A5100! Decision, decision.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It was spitting on and off yesterday and I gave up the ghost. Did spring to action and went to post office after 2pm just to miss a collection. Such a lot of stuff from the post office to be sent around the country. Came back and basically did nothing. The day before yesterday, I removed as much as possible some Acanthus mollis. They are literally thugs here. They were embedded between some cistus and some camellia and in the process of clearing them, I snapped a big branch of cistus. Acanthus roots are still there. Such a nightmare! Fat and vigorous long roots which tap right into the dry clay and if I snap them, more will come up. The horrible thing is that I didn't cut off the flowering spikes and there were tons of seedlings coming from those spikes. Some hidden problem needs to be tackled soon.

Last night, it was raining and very foggy! Such miserable weather really saps my desire to go out and dig new grounds.

1579845468346.png

Went to Wilko and parted with more money - got my Hazy Day dahlia again!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have you got any grapes at all please?

What an eye! I was a bit horrified to be stared at! I expect very good pics from that eye! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up so early. Yesterday, I discovered that I could move the focus in my photos using the arrows on
the dial. Another big discovery! In the dying days of my Samsung!

SAM_1876.JPG

SAM_1875.JPG
SAM_1874.JPG
SAM_1873.JPG

Could be Madelaine or Wendy's Gold!
SAM_1871.JPG
SAM_1870.JPG
SAM_1869.JPG
SAM_1867.JPG
SAM_1866.JPG
SAM_1865.JPG
SAM_1864.JPG
SAM_1863.JPG

Diggory!
SAM_1862.JPG
SAM_1861.JPG
SAM_1860.JPG
SAM_1859.JPG

A big close up
SAM_1857.JPG

Suffice to say, I broke all the petals of the yellow snowdrops!

Spitting the whole day and the garden was slippery again.

1579927316510.png

Washed quite a few pots yesterday and need to think seriously about sowing seeds.

Chinese New Year and it's the year of the Rat! Oh, dear! The Coronavirus makes the whole "Rat" business so much more unpleasant! Saw the nurse with red eyes talking about calming people down. Then in the news, there was a girl eating bat! Yuk! So very gross!

Very sad as it is a time of great celebration and family reunions! Hope the whole thing will be under control soon with minimum fatalities!

Naughticultural! Chelsea Flower Show gets an erotic 'Lady Garden' based on female genitalia in new feminist space

source

Before the end of last year, The CEO talked about changing the name to Festival from show. I do hope they keep some as Flower Show. Just listen to funny music when you can't even hear what the presenters are saying is not my cup of tea. Some of the show gardens have now become concrete infested structures! I would like to introduce a 20% maximum concrete input only criteria .. LOL!

All these show gardens just make amateurs despair! They need more Geoff Hamilton who made gardening affordable, rather than AT's endorsing big suppliers as in the case of being supplied with fully grown boxes and then trimming half of them off .. Some concrete graveyard even won Gold on the back of being sponsored by the backer of the show! Mercenary!

Totally unrealistic and uninspiring! Rant over!

Don't think my words count though! LOL!

Attachments

• SAM_1872.JPG
    SAM_1872.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 64
  • SAM_1858.JPG
    SAM_1858.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 64
  • SAM_1856.JPG
    SAM_1856.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 62
  • SAM_1855.JPG
    SAM_1855.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 65
  • SAM_1854.JPG
    SAM_1854.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very mild

1580010485723.png

Tried to bid for a Samsung NX 2000. Had 2 computers on, but one mouse was too slow. Any way at 6sec, I entered 75.50 or 77 when the only bid was 75. It was rejected and asked for £86 minimum. Of course, it was then too late. When I finally got the message, it was £75 the final price. It's so unfair. That was a mirrorless camera. Adrenaline surged and no wonder people were asked to take it easy watching football! The excitement was just too much.

Nick Kyrgios is to meet Nadal! My money is on Nadal!

Did a lot yesterday. Sowed

1. Radish x 2 types including Rosso Gigante
  2. onion Sturon organic, Red Herald and Spring onion Summer Isle
  3. Dandy Dahlia dwarf
  4. Dandy Collarette vairabilis dahlia
  5. Aubergine from lidl and one from Johnson Clara F1
  6. Enkianthus Campanulatus seeds from RHS

Couldn't find my Honka seeds
1580010485723.png
SAM_1882.JPG
SAM_1881.JPG

SAM_1877.JPG

Found 2 Wendy's Gold and one Yellow Madeline. Quite pleased. Blond Inge is a bit shy. Expecting a delivery the end of the month.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Son fiddled with my laptop and there is no internet connection on the Toshiba! Children and laptop should be mixed.

1580108666117.png

Finally, I managed to get a look at the weather. Some sunshine and so Blackie can come out.

Had an expensive meal and then just a whole day of shopping. So nice to have a car to go around.

bought 2 hellebores yesterday in The British Garden Centre ex Wyevale for £6.99 each. The other one is a double freckled.

SAM_1900.JPG
SAM_1901.JPG

Found my crush yesterday in the dark morning
SAM_1894.JPG

Now to confuse the matters, I suddenly remember that I had Wendy's Gold, Spindlestone Surprise, and Madelaine and they are all yellow snowdrops which look the same! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some folks in another forum said that years back, Avon Bulbs were dumping Spindlestone Surprise and Primrose Warburg together! Now who am I to feel frustrated? We are talking about Avon Bulbs here! Now I have another name to contend with Primrose Warburg! I have that as well. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

As you can see the prices are quite normal and reasonable now and AT LEAST £3 cheaper than other outlets. Perki, is this the one you want? You need to find a British Garden Centre. The prices are so reasonable. In the other gc, it would fetch at least £12.99 with flowers and they have no flowers, but a lovely photo!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My grape vine turned up today unexpectedly I ordered it that long ago I forgot about it. Its getting cold now with snow showers forecast tomorrow , dentist tomorrow :( just a check up but I hate going.

No the one I were after is on the other page, double white with a pinky/red edging

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
1580191080217.png

Sunshine! What a rare commodity these days! The garden was slippery yesterday!

I reckon it must be snowing in the north and Zenj won't be spared. It's not so warm in the living room as it was yesterday. Yesterday, it rained quite heavily from 1pm onward and Blackie didn't want to go back to the coop. I used to hate rats, but they seem to be keeping him company. If he really doesn't like them, he can give them a peck as he used to torment Maisie with an occasional peck. Maisie was helpless as her beak had been trimmed and although she blocked her way to the entrance to the coop, access to food tray, she offered no challenge to that sharp beak. Very lonely for Blackie and I'm glad that he had my whole garden to explore.

Paid for a Samsung NX 2000 from one of the 'stan countries. Hope it turns out OK! £102 including postage. If it lets in light i.e with a good sensor like my little gem, I will have no complaint. When I looked at the photos on Ashwood website, I felt like volunteering my service! LOL!

You mean this one, Perki?

5.jpg

Stained Glass is another one of my firm favorites.
SAM_1920.JPG
SAM_1919.JPG

So pleased to see this one! There's never strong sunshine or enough light for my camera and yet it consistently shows it lets in a lot of light.
SAM_1918.JPG
SAM_1917.JPG

Desdemona with striped petals. Couldn't focus very well!
SAM_1914.JPG
SAM_1913.JPG
SAM_1912.JPG
SAM_1911.JPG

This could be black single.
SAM_1909.JPG
SAM_1908.JPG
SAM_1906.JPG
SAM_1905.JPG

I bought this one together with the red edged one on Sunday in the same place.
SAM_1904.JPG
SAM_1903.JPG
SAM_1902.JPG

The corona is perfect!

I'm fiddling with cross pollination and hopefully will name a hellebore after myself! LOL!

Attachments

• SAM_1907.JPG
    SAM_1907.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question