Magazine style - all inclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Nomocharis is a genus in the Liliaceae family from China, Tibet and Burma. Like Lilium they have scaly bulbs and leafy stems. Coming from areas with cold dry winters and summer rainfall, they bloom in summer. The flowers are very beautiful. The name Nomocharis means 'meadow grace'.
A bit of info alp above I put a domed mulch over them in the autumn and they have overwinter in the ground here fine have them in dappled sun .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well. I must buy one and scale the bulb asap! Good piece of info, Zenj! I'm expert at scaling and multiplying lily bulbs, apart from Fritillaria Imperalis as its bulb is SEALED as one unit. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Very nice, @DrCase !

Mine are in buds! Amazing how Zenj in the NE has wonderful blooms already.

Yours looks perfect, DrCase!

I will share my other flowers later. Need to go to the allotment! Have a nice day, everyone!

Thank you alp
I will be watching for yours

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning and it's only 4am. Yesterday, I was in the allotment from 3 to 5 and stuck in the bus for an hour coming home. After 40 trips of two watering cans two days prior, I was legless. Got some 20p plastic tub salad for my hens and found out that the various stirfry salad looked really bad and water gathered at the bottom. But my hens had another wish - mealworms and refused to go inside the cage.

We were all told that there might be rain and lo and behold, the forecast has been revised.

I am upset that I can't find my Tithonia seeds. Yesterday, an allotmenteer remarked that I put out the tomatoes already. I knew it was foolish of me. But a few days ago, the mercury hits 27c and now 18c. My sincerest apologies to the toms!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Stunning! Drooling over your beauties! Such exotic flowers!

Was looking at properties and a man told me that a house needs complete refurb and yet there have been 4 offers after it has come on the market for 6 weeks. I feel like pulling the house out of the market. The thought of 4 to 6 weeks out of my house simply overwhelms me. I need the stunning flowers to forget about the impending trauma. I think I will forget about this offer.

My trollius is still in form of tiny buds and so far one petunia pirouette is showing.

Zenji Keep up with the good show! I need this tonic ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Having woken up so early for 2 days, today I had a bit of catch up whilst watching Garden Rescue and Escape to the country. Was planning to go to the allotment to vacate the rhubarbs to make room for my plants, but the sun has been bearing down and after viewing a 1921 built bungalow, I stayed home instead.

Artexing throughout the bungalow and the seller even told me that the floor was full of floorboards and not concrete and I have been thinking of all the creepy crawlies ...

bathroom with only one window opening onto the tiny lean to and on the back of the bathroom, there is a tiny toilet used to be for the benefits of grandchildren. Totally unhygienic and just when I thought I was the mistress of expediency, I was beaten hands down by this man.

Jo's lovely Silkies

1silkie.JPG
2silkie.JPG

Just so adorable. Bet they make very good alarm. Think she has one girl.

Salvia Joy - a pure pink - pure perfection! No wonder the breeder named it after he himself!
SAM_1415.JPG

Stipa Gigantea flowers
SAM_1417.JPG

Borage makes a handsome addition to my border!

SAM_1424.JPG
SAM_1422.JPG

Gazanias are just good subjects to photograph!
SAM_1425.JPG

Alstroemerias from the front lawn!
SAM_1426.JPG
SAM_1427.JPG

Acanthus Mollis wants to take over!
SAM_1428.JPG

Perennial Candytuft goes so well with the purple rose!
SAM_1429.JPG
SAM_1430.JPG
. The

More peony Sarah Bernhardt

SAM_1432.JPG

SAM_1431.JPG

A bargain from Lidl Wladyslawa. Bought the rhizome last year or beginning of this year for £2.99 and it is flowering now. Either I bought 2 and or I might have chopped the rhizome into 2 and there is another plant with buds waiting for me to enjoy!

SAM_1412.JPG

SAM_1412.JPG

Ants are just very happy to get the nectar of the peony! I am not the only one who is happy.

I'd better go through more property searching ... Escape to the garden needs to play 2nd fiddle!

Attachments

• SAM_1411.JPG
    SAM_1411.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 105
  • SAM_1413.JPG
    SAM_1413.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 84
  • SAM_1414.JPG
    SAM_1414.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 89
  • SAM_1416.JPG
    SAM_1416.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 103
  • SAM_1418.JPG
    SAM_1418.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 78
  • SAM_1419.JPG
    SAM_1419.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 108
  • SAM_1420.JPG
    SAM_1420.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 90
  • SAM_1421.JPG
    SAM_1421.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 86
  • SAM_1423.JPG
    SAM_1423.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 115

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Hope it's accurate! But don't hold your breath! Yesterday, 5 minutes' drive down the road, there had been flash flood and 2 minutes' away, bone dry as in our house. Funny it is always the same. I'm definitely living in a blind spot for rains! :banghead: :cry:

1559886213356.png

I now have a lilac Claire Marshall rose, a yellow Arthur Bell, and a pink to white Remember Me, on the top of Paul Scarlett and a pink tea rose, and I nearly forgot my purple floribunda at the front.
SAM_1433.JPG

Shame no scent for this little compact form.
SAM_1434.JPG

Apple Blossom Amaryllis
SAM_1435.JPG

A dianthus? Shame my Octopus has died on me!
SAM_1436.JPG
SAM_1437.JPG

A prolific Madame Julia Correvon!
SAM_1438.JPG
SAM_1439.JPG

I was trying to get rid of the morning glory! But you know, it's a futile game. The first orange hot poker! A handsome plant, magnet for snails!
SAM_1440.JPG

I have a love-hate relationship with red hot pokers! When I see them standing proud and handsome along the roadside, I want them in my garden. But they flower, their leaves are dense and the snails are just everywhere and I so want to get rid of them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Music to my ears!

1. Raining - not just drizzling
  2. House sold, AGAIN!, but at a higher price
  3. House bought tentatively .. go for viewing tomorrow - but it's a detached house with a Biggish garden, a garage on the side again! Yeah

Can I do this?? :joyful:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
alp hope everything works out for you I have my fingers crossed.:)

The best is that the new house is detached and there is a big garden, and the house enjoys high ceiling, but the facade is not half as good as mine. But looking at so many pokey rooms depresses me no ends. Thank you. I hope so too. Hope the roof of the new house is not gong to fall down. I haven't even set foot on it. But the footprint seems big enough. Another busy road, though much less than this one. Need to see another one now. Hope it rains and rains and rains, too!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it your house thats sold alp ?

Not done much its been raining quite a lot recently, I've been drenched twice today already.

Some pic of the garden over the past week or so .

DSC00611.JPG

Lupin Towering inferno - Allium Purple Rain
DSC00615.JPG

DSC00620.JPG

Lawn starting to come on now.
DSC00624.JPG

DSC00628.JPG

DSC00631.JPG

Golden Celebration, its really nice and the scent but prone to blackspot
DSC00633.JPG

Lady of Shallot with Astrantia Hadspen blood
DSC00638.JPG

DSC00640.JPG

DSC00644.JPG

I got some trollius right at the back you can't see them but I noticed them yesterday , they gone a little bit mad must be 4-5ft tall, I know your a fan of them alp I try and get a pic when I can they are in the wildness they supposed to be a small path next to the poppys .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Why can't I like them 5 times? I wanted to do it many many times with Zenj's Nomocharis, too! Same for your photos, Perki! The lawn has shown your credential, Perki! Lovely! The grass seeds have done well.

I wish my lawn had more moisture. Well, I can't even water me plants, not to say the lawn. Already sun is shining on full again! :cry: :eek: :banghead:

You know, Perki! You must try selling some Trollius seeds. I wish I had more to sell as I spent quite a bit on buy calibrachoas and argy???mum. I just love all flowers (well, most!) . I ran out of Trollius seeds as the harvest had been diabolical and I had one plant out of 3 dead. I was gutted. I had to keep cancelling - about 5 times. My Trollius are about 1 foot tall! And some critter had dug a hole round my tree lilies, exposing the roots! :mad:

Yes, I THINK I have sold the house and have placed an offer on one which I haven't even seen physically. I know where it is and love the fact that it's a massive house i.e. decent size rooms and lounge. I'm seeing it tomorrow. When it comes good, I will send you all a link.

Annoying that you're so drenched with rain whilst I'm thirsty for more. Only half a butt and the sun came out and has evaporated the moisture. The rain has hardly scratched the surface.

I stopped and feasted my eyes on your flowers again. My idea of bliss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question