alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What are you doing up so early?!!! Almost 10pm

I am always like this. Wake up early. Today, I have to mow the lawns and arrange the furniture in the garden as I have potentially 2 viewings. I'm in the process of selling up.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Done the big lawn and son did the front - it's already very hot.

Sarah Bernhardt - big and heavy blooms - ants' magnet
SAM_0228.JPG

Could be Ceejay
SAM_0229.JPG
SAM_0230.JPG

Roses' party time!
SAM_0231.JPG

Bluebird Wine
SAM_0232.JPG

Salvia Solomon's Dance - Neighbour Joy is having no joy as it has only one tiny broken stem to cheer itself up!
SAM_0234.JPG
SAM_0235.JPG

SAM_0236.JPG

Could be Honey Gold. Soooo thrilled to see it flower!
SAM_0237.JPG

SAM_0238.JPG
SAM_0239.JPG

Peony Immaculee

Amaryllis Apple Blossom
SAM_0240.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Another hot day to contend with!

Yesterday, I also watered my front garden. Last year, the heat and drought decimated my alstroemeria seeds - they became small and fewer. But the hose was snapped short, so a bit was better than nothing. Another chick died yesterday. RIP. I don't like this set up as I can really enjoy them - they are now right at the back of the garden and for fear of Mr Fox, tons of obstacles are lining the pet run.

Yesterday, I cooked the onion given to me by Peter. I used to think, "What a waste of space and energy to grow onions!" However, it was a sweet onion. According to him, they were a bit puffy i.e. gone. He took the worse of the two and gave me one. I ate a bit while peeling it and it was quite sweet. Must be one of those Spanish sweet onion.

Stipas are flowering

SAM_1339.JPG

And the breeze makes it doubly elegant, though not good for focus!:unsure:

Rose party time!:joyful:

SAM_1331.JPG

Just one Paul Scarlett Bought for £1
SAM_1332.JPG
SAM_1333.JPG
SAM_1334.JPG
SAM_1335.JPG
SAM_1336.JPG

What a lovely climber!

The sun has bleached the honey colour of the crown!
SAM_1337.JPG
SAM_1338.JPG

I hope to see other peonies flower. Bowl of Beauty is still very coy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Liverpool has won the Champions League!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The crass mentality behind this product just makes me laugh!

That stinks! How M&S ready-peeled garlic is grown and frozen in China, shipped 10,000 miles to Britain then sold in a throwaway plastic tub from Belgium

Too posh to peel!

Already 19c here

My plants are being fried, seared, toasted!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
not sure the difference between this thread, and show us what's blooming and what are you doing in your garden. Had seen this thread originate ages ago, still don't see any uniqueness to it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I used tap water to drench certain parts of my garden. Rain is a vocabulary here in East London. :cry: :eek: :banghead:

Spent yesterday the whole day removing all the materials keeping the lean to warm throughout the winter. We were like cats on a tin roof, so hot that we took breaks and icecreams and the at night, we left the loft door, windows (4 of them) facing the garden open as the sun sets on the other side and the chill was incredible. The sudden drop of temperatures can be very disconcerting.

Still 21c. Yesterday the sun came out in a blitz even after 5pm.

Amaryllis Apple Blossom - yesterday I was watching Botany - A blooming history in which Carl Linaeus?? classified plants according to how many male and female organs plants have. This is simple. 1 female stigma and 6 male.

SAM_1349.JPG

Sorry for the blurry Salvia Joy - brought me a lot of joy as I thought the only one I had had a 2 inch stem!
SAM_1358.JPG
SAM_1359.JPG

Must have got this by layering.

Salvia amistad. Gifted one pot of 4 plants to a friend whose greenhouse enabled the plant to flower 2 weeks in advance!

The blue patens, according to Carl Linaeus, had 2 male and 1 female. Sadly, my blue patens are nowhere to be found.

SAM_1340.JPG
SAM_1341.JPG

Ah, isn't Bluebird wine a beauty?
SAM_1342.JPG

The Scented Lilac Iris (I think it is) has been a most fertile parent - 4 or 5 seed pods. This has brought me the greatest excitement.
SAM_1343.JPG
SAM_1344.JPG

Soon I will be very sick of sugar snap. I have direct sown nearly a packet of Sugar Anne and Sugar Lace!
SAM_1345.JPG

Bottlebrush plant in flower and bees flocked to be "brushed"!

SAM_1348.JPG

I paid good money to buy a pink variety of this beauty! Guess what? They died on me and yet, I saw this beauty on the edge between me and my elderly neighbour. What a sweeeeeeeet suuuuuurpise! Hehe!
SAM_1346.JPG
SAM_1347.JPG

Have a nice day - I have so much in my mind! Rain, please spare Zenj and come to me! I need a bit of depression (at least one week to be exact)! LOL!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used tap water to drench certain parts of my garden. Rain is a vocabulary here in East London. :cry: :eek: :banghead:

Spent yesterday the whole day removing all the materials keeping the lean to warm throughout the winter. We were like cats on a tin roof, so hot that we took breaks and icecreams and the at night, we left the loft door, windows (4 of them) facing the garden open as the sun sets on the other side and the chill was incredible. The sudden drop of temperatures can be very disconcerting.

View attachment 54482

Still 21c. Yesterday the sun came out in a blitz even after 5pm.

Amaryllis Apple Blossom - yesterday I was watching Botany - A blooming history in which Carl Linaeus?? classified plants according to how many male and female organs plants have. This is simple. 1 female stigma and 6 male.

View attachment 54496

Sorry for the blurry Salvia Joy - brought me a lot of joy as I thought the only one I had had a 2 inch stem!
View attachment 54483View attachment 54484

Must have got this by layering.

Salvia amistad. Gifted one pot of 4 plants to a friend whose greenhouse enabled the plant to flower 2 weeks in advance!

The blue patens, according to Carl Linaeus, had 2 male and 1 female. Sadly, my blue patens are nowhere to be found.

View attachment 54487View attachment 54488

Ah, isn't Bluebird wine a beauty?
View attachment 54489

The Scented Lilac Iris (I think it is) has been a most fertile parent - 4 or 5 seed pods. This has brought me the greatest excitement. View attachment 54490View attachment 54491

Soon I will be very sick of sugar snap. I have direct sown nearly a packet of Sugar Anne and Sugar Lace! View attachment 54492

Bottlebrush plant in flower and bees flocked to be "brushed"!

View attachment 54495
I paid good money to buy a pink variety of this beauty! Guess what? They died on me and yet, I saw this beauty on the edge between me and my elderly neighbour. What a sweeeeeeeet suuuuuurpise! Hehe!
View attachment 54493View attachment 54494

Have a nice day - I have so much in my mind! Rain, please spare Zenj and come to me! I need a bit of depression (at least one week to be exact)! LOL!
Oh the balance between rain and sun!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Came home at 8pm yesterday and I did so much watering in the allotment that I walked like a crab. Two watering cans a time and about 30 times from 2:30pm to 7pm. Planted some Sultans, flowers from Sarah R, some penstemons from cuttings, two pumpkins seedlings given by next plot owner. Then a very friendly lady stopped by my allotment and she gave me a few words or encouragement.

When I saw her again, I said to you, "Next time I come, I will come with a hose. I don't care!" She then said I should care as it was banned and that she was a member of the committee. Ooooops! I joked that she's not my friend any more. And then I said I was going to cut some stinging nettles to make feed. She showed me a lot of them at the back of her plot and told me to help myself, which I did.

Torment! 30 trips to the trough with 2 watering cans was not a laughing matter.

@Vanessa In the UK, there is no balance. Either wet, so wet that Thomas Hardy wrote a poem describing just how wet it could be or very droughty - as in the my corner. Even Kent coast benefits from rain from France. Every time I see a band of rain coming from the Altantic, I will it to come to me, but alas, they dissipate and my expectation turns into hallucination. Last night, I dreamt I heard rain hitting my lean-to. Er, no, just the dish washer sloshing with water. Not a drop this morning, so it justified my 30 to 40 trips to the trough!

42% of rain at 4pm. If so, I will do a rain dance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all a little brighter at the moment but rain forecast ,nice surprise yesterday entered a hedgehog photo to ark wildlife and I won a £25 voucher naturally I spent it on hedgehog and bird food .

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all a little brighter at the moment but rain forecast ,nice surprise yesterday entered a hedgehog photo to ark wildlife and I won a £25 voucher naturally I spent it on hedgehog and bird food .
:D:joyful::giggle:

That's very good! A beer or glass of wine should be in order too.

Well done! Could you please grace my thread with the photo? Haven't seen mine and we cleaned up the corners where the newspapers and rotten materials were, and that removed its bed. Might rig my camcorder to catch the blur. Used to have bird food outside, but it attracted a stream of young mice. So cleared that as well. Also, I used tons of peppermint essential oil to rid the house and workshop of them. Wish I had bought it at Home Bargains as it was 99p there whilst I paid £4.99 after £2 voucher from Holland & Barrett.

We are cooler. Rain is predicted today. My Sambusca Nigra might have been killed by me as the roots grew outside the pot and I had to trim them and I wish I hadn't done that. Friend suggested another greenhouse. Lordy, I have to hide it under the bed.

Talking about animal foods, I bought 1L of mealworms for my chickens and they all love them. £11.99. I saw 500g for sale in a farm shop for £10.99 and another place 1.5kg for £16.99, the latter being a very good price. Got to tidy up the house again as there might be 2 viewings or might be none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question