Magazine style - all inclusive

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Boy, I'm so tired. Went to the allotment at nearly 3pm and got on the bus home at 7.10! This morning, I discovered that all my rhubarbs were GONE, including the crates - 2 of them. I will never give any plants away again. There were loads of them. Very annoying that these people took my crates with them.

When I arrived home, a car pulled up and the man was asking for rhubarb! Ooops! He said that he didn't live near, but was dropping his wife to the hospital in our town. I had to go to the back of the house and rescue a near-dead clump for him to take home.

Ad

Advertisements

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Aren't we lucky? Not so hot and there is even a gentle lovely breeze outside. Woken up by unsettled tummy!

RIBA National Awards for architecture and my favorite is

Snaps from yesterday!

Lilium Regale
SAM_0248.JPG
SAM_0249.JPG
SAM_0250.JPG
SAM_0251.JPG
SAM_0252.JPG

Noisy Kusco and my little hen has grown and has acquired a brown tint to its feather! Rather lovely!
SAM_0253.JPG
SAM_0254.JPG
SAM_0255.JPG

My mystery flowers have gone to seed! Another airborne little helicopter-maker!
SAM_0256.JPG
SAM_0257.JPG

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Today has been a lazy day, making up for the two busy and sweaty days before. Whilst watching Judge Judy, the phone rang. It was the estate agent again, asking me if I would sell the house to the couple who had withdrawn. Blast! I wish I hadn't spent money on the turf! LOL! Joking! And the house I wanted is gone!

I am struggling between a house with land in far flung places or a semi with a big garden in Benfleet or Wickford! Mama mia! What a to do! I don't know where I am coming or going!

This much I know - Richard's garden is beautiful
SAM_0263.JPG

And his grapes are promising
SAM_0264.JPG

My alstroemeria are having mixed babies Yellow + pink becomes
SAM_0265.JPG

Well, a bit wishy washy and blurry.

SAM_0266.JPG
SAM_0269.JPG

Lilies are flourishing like a clump of bananas
SAM_0270.JPG
SAM_0271.JPG

My Franz Kafka is teasing me - the only thing I am certain of

SAM_0273.JPG
SAM_0274.JPG

And I can't wait to see my thalictrum to flower! This sort of colour is so unique .. I want to cry whenever the man says, "When I woke up, everything went black!"

Going to peel my potatoes soon. It's been such a lovely day - perfectly cool and breezy and the air fresher than last night. Perhaps, I should sell up!

Attachments

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Stunning! Especially with the extra pixels and clarity of the MacBook Pro! A variety of lovely flowers. I think that cluster of pinks above the centaurea and the first lily most. Amazing details and such a lot of blooms!

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, guys! Fantastic photos - dazzling, perfumées, prolific flowers ... I could almost smell the fragrance.

The clematis is prolific and so showy, Perki! I so want an Ceanothus, but I bought 3 and killed 3, at reduced to £2! I think I have left them in pots for too long and the root ball became all matted. When I saw Zenj's, I so wanted to cry! They are so early and show dense with such a unique colour! The idea of moving has killed so many of my plants.

Such a lovely way to start a day and it's very dry and breezy! Soooooo lovely! Have a good day, everyone! :joyful:

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went out early to do the slabs next to the newly laid turf and came in, suddenly realising that I might have missed my plant delivery as it should really be delivered today. Worried that the box won't go through the letter box and might get a note asking me to go to the post office.

Saw this inside the porch

SAM_0275.JPG

Can't believe a plant could be delivered from Spain to the UK in this format.

Surprising it was still very moist and I have got a freebie - a live worm! Still ALIVE AND WRIGGLING with my Jacaranda
SAM_0278.JPG

Extra worms for my chickens
SAM_0279.JPG
SAM_0280.JPG

Have to leave this person with a good feedback - not nice packaging, but hey, cheap and does the job! Hilarious!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Supposed to be very hot!

14 to 32c! It's OK outside, very sunny! They got it right this time.

1561786482251.png

Lilium Regale with lovely perfume!
SAM_0281.JPG
SAM_0282.JPG
SAM_0283.JPG

Clematis Jackmanii - incredible colour!
SAM_0284.JPG
SAM_0285.JPG
SAM_0286.JPG

Knautia - bought for 99p and obviously incredibly happy where they are - a big clump has formed and there are tons of flowers!

Think I might need a tripot as I seemed to be shaking like Angela Merkel! LOL! Hope she's OK!
SAM_0287.JPG
SAM_0288.JPG
SAM_0289.JPG
SAM_0290.JPG
SAM_0291.JPG

Thalictrum waiting in the wing!

SAM_0292.JPG

Have a nice day and make sure you don't stay in the sun for too long!

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very pretty perfumed lilies! Wonder what camera you have, DrCase?

Such unblemished flowers, too!

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oooops! I must hide your answer! My son is after the latest iphone camera - with all the complicated jargons ..Sh... You haven't said anything! LOL!

I was thinking of buying a Nikon direct from a company from China and he was very enthusiastic at first. Now, he is going on and on about the latest iphone camera technology. I'm dreading iphone stuff. Their built-in obsolescence has been very predictable ...

Have to say, looking at the photos using MacBook Pro at the moment just really makes me want to say, "Life is too short and the difference and distinction are just worth it!" :unsure::joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Very warm here today but some cloud 28c here’s a few more flowers from today.

Attachments

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What is the last flower, Zenj ? Love the cross. Thalictrum already in bloom. Mine is still in bud form.

I had several attempts at Astrantia and I don't even know where the plant is now. I bought a fairly big one and planted it out. The SS sneered at me and I had to retire it to the lean to as it was looking so miserable and besieged. I saw two leaves trying to recover their shapes, but after taking cuttings of various and sundries, I can't quite remember where I put the pot.

I so want to have some astrantias and have tried for 3 years and no joy. I so want some of your and Perki's rain! :banghead: :cry: Funny thing is that even I can tell FROM THE PHOTOS that what your weather is like up in NE! Fine weather makes photo especially stunning and cheerful.

Have been looking at properties again. Very fed up. Estate agents texted me, reminding me that my house has an offer pending. All the houses that I want have been sold. One sold yesterday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Mesembryanthemum don’t usually have them but a neighbour had a load of seedlings to spare so took some off her.my yellow thalictum is just starting to open will take a photo when it does

Reactions: alp
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been a nice warm / hot day , unpleasantly humid this morning at work. Its still manged to rain for a bit though :rolleyes: it started raining about half and hour ago which I am not complaining about for once .

Reactions: alp

Ask a Question