Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, crumbs! Galanthus and hepatica seed catalogues are here to help me part with the little money that I have :banghead: :eek: :unsure::unsure:! No more greasy KFC!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, crumbs! Galanthus and hepatica seed catalogues are here to help me part with the little money that I have :banghead: :eek: :unsure::unsure:! No more greasy KFC!
Greasy KFC should be compostable in 20 years!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Greasy KFC should be compostable in 20 years!

What is your favorite eating out eatery. Venessa? Would love to have seafood, but just can't afford it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im not so much about the chain restaurants. I enjoy seafood (like you do) as a lighter meal, and also family-run Italian restaurants.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I used to like Prezzo, but they wanted to make more money and changed the recipes of my favorite dish - Pollo Carbonara! So no more of that for me. I still love their prawn spaghetti, but parking is a nuisance near our favorite branch. I could make my own any way, so eating out is strictly for lazy days out.

Now I go around my garden to pick my land cress and my water cress is growing very well in my Waterlily tub which is getting a bit congested. Eating these cresses have brought back memories of home. I try to cook my own produce, but the lettuce and pak choi are all very anaemic!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A home garden meal is a delight!

I'm off to remove my mini green houses and go to the allotment later so that I can have more garden meals - I so want to have sugar snaps for meals! See you round, Vanessa!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Spent £170 on MOT. Was really worried as some part was clanging at the bottom and some clanging at the passenger's side. I felt like the car was falling into pieces. Think that was a lucky escape as he had his tyres changed as well.

My favorite rose

SAM_1305.JPG

My favorite Bluebird wine iris
SAM_1306.JPG

Iris Rimfire
SAM_1307.JPG

Cornus Rubra - I'm afraid I have only 2 bracts to show as flower. The other one looks like dying.
SAM_1308.JPG
SAM_1309.JPG

My watercress and waterlily - the latter a freebie which came with the tray - it was the tray that I wanted! Ooops!
SAM_1310.JPG

Royal Rumble and Salvia Night Moth
SAM_1311.JPG

SAM_1312.JPG

Very difficult to go that close up and get a good shot at the lovely deep colour!

Incidentally, it's drizzly! Not enough to give the plants a good drink. Came back 3.20pm.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
British reservoirs are already running low and it's only May: Water reserves run dry after spring brings less than half the usual amount of rain
  • Lower than average rainfall during dry May has meant water levels at Wayoh Reservoir have receded
  • Dramatic pictures reveal the parched bed of the reservoir following the hotter-than-expected month
  • The Met Office said the rainfall during May was only 45 per cent of what you would expect during the month
And I am crying! :cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Esther: You have fallen prey to gimmicks - a walk in the forest is now phrased as forest bathing. Chelsea Flower Show had one of these designed by Catherine, William's wife. Just show how gimmickry sells. It reminds me confidence trickster! Or emperor's new clothes! Sorry for being so cynical!

Really enjoy allotment - One Lithuanian gentleman offers his lovely shelter to us if it rains or when I am tired. Very sad that his wife was not willing to come to the allotment to sit there watching him work the plots. He told me he had grafted his "apple" tree with about 12 other fruit buds.. I'm going with my gala and will ask him to see if I am doing it correctly. Love the idea of having several different fruits in one tree. Magic! So much fun! Wish I had taken one out earlier! Life has passed me by!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@alp , yep , I know it is called Forest Bathing. I use that phrase quiet often. but for this thread thought the real link might be better. and nope have not fallen prey to gimmiks I just think it is funny that you can get a certificate in this also. think I might just do that and see what liberals will buy into it. BTW, I do forest bathing all the time in my yard, as I have a huge wooded property.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp , yep , I know it is called Forest Bathing. I use that phrase quiet often. but for this thread thought the real link might be better. and nope have not fallen prey to gimmiks I just think it is funny that you can get a certificate in this also. think I might just do that and see what liberals will buy into it. BTW, I do forest bathing all the time in my yard, as I have a huge wooded property.

See, you do forest BATHING all the time. If people like to part with their money to get certified, good luck to them. Perhaps, they are in a Ponzi scheme and they can go forth and charge people for this benefit. Admiration for their resourcefulness.

My galanthus purchase is now in tatters as there is only one left. Shame I haven't looked after mine well. Most of my seeds disappeared. Another hot year and my butterfly weeds are nowhere to be found:cry::cry:. I have removed all my poppies to make way for salvias and my alstroemerias have been gobbled up by slugs, right in front of my eyes. Very annoying. No rain last night. This morning, a bit of breeze and overcast sky make the air sane! 27c on the card! :banghead:

Guess I have no right to complain. The devastation caused by tornadoes has been horrific in parts of US! Hope the poser government think about dispersing tornado formations before posing as nemesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question