Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
And this is not your concern, @alp . do not like your statement. seems your government is in shambles right now best to focus closer to home.

We are, in a way, world citizens. When a president goes around and causes trade wars, do you think we are immune? Our government is in a shambles, but that doesn't mean that I can't air my opinion. You're entitled to your opinion. Equally, I don't like your statement either. A "sneeze" in the weather across the pond, we get the tail end in forms of rain or even storm. Nobody lives in an island.

We are entitled to free speech.

Due to the front from across the pond, today's weather has been quite pleasant. No hint of the plume from Africa yet. Got rid of all the minigreen houses and saw this beauty.

The campanula are blooming next to my Gold crest foxgloves

SAM_1327.JPG

Beautifully scented rose

SAM_1326.JPG

Sparticus - isn't it a beauty? 4 flowers on a 2nd stem!

SAM_1314.JPG

Apply blossom - such delicate perfection!
SAM_1315.JPG
SAM_1316.JPG

Have no idea the name of this rose scented peony!
SAM_1317.JPG
SAM_1318.JPG

Night Moth

SAM_1319.JPG
SAM_1320.JPG

SAM_1321.JPG

This could be Honey Gold - took me 3 years to see this beauty. It actually looked prettier earlier when it was about to unfold.

Gazania from last year. Overwintered in the border - just tell you how warm/hot it has been in East London!

SAM_1322.JPG

Immaculee from a German food chain
SAM_1323.JPG
SAM_1324.JPG
SAM_1325.JPG

Flowers are so beautiful - So glad that these amaryllises are flowering. I never really paid them much attention. So many trays and so many plants and so hot. Today, I emptied 20 pots of dead materials. Surprise, surprise, a lidded tray of celery seedlings are still alive ... Don't you just love a fighter!?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
you think that statement, even compares to yours. LOL. really.

A fly, a character which only its mother will love, has come into my house after we have had our lovely roasted dinner. It buzzed unpleasant noise, alone without its partner, probably. I won't let it ruin my day as my son and I had the loveliest of dinner. It will die of its accord here.

Now, I need to go to my profile to effect some cleansing.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some lovely fences on the new thread and I wish I could just erect a good one. Looking at the state of my fence, I am ashamed that I have to show my house. Another one on Sunday or Tuesday, one who didn't turn up. Apparently, hunting for the ultimate.

Quiet and dark. Goldie had been segregated as Silkie had been bruised whilst they were in the same cage. I had to leave Goldie in the hen egg laying area with the 2 hens in the cage. I couldn't take chances. Goldie's alarm is a bit muted and funny. I have the feeling that he might not be eating well. He would be all proud, walking tall in the old run, menacing the female chicks and Silkie; but the hens have shown him no respect. I don't like these 2 hens, unlike those before. Baldie would eat lettuce from my hands, never attempted to bite my fingers off or fight with others. Any way, Goldie was so scared by the pesky hens that he hid himself in the egg laying area even though he was no egg layer! Judging by the change of his voice, he might be ill or a female.

My alstroemerias have been ravaged by slugs and so has the long yellow echinacea. I am so upset. The alstromeria that I paid £2 in the market is nowhere to be found and the astilbes in the shade was wilting. Ah, sorry! Moaning is my prerogative.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
alp we have had rain and rain and now looking at acuweather we have rain showers for the next 9 days some days more rain and thunderstorm on Tuesday ,ah well anyone want to buy a redundant watering can but the temperatures are higher warm but wet,got up at 2 am and there was a very large hedgehog in the rear garden and it was raining as well.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
alp we have had rain and rain and now looking at acuweather we have rain showers for the next 9 days some days more rain and thunderstorm on Tuesday ,ah well anyone want to buy a redundant watering can but the temperatures are higher warm but wet,got up at 2 am and there was a very large hedgehog in the rear garden and it was raining as well.

We are both crying, screaming, kicking for very different reasons. Mind you, I don't dare to complain as this is way better than tornadoes and the sun is a bit coy today whilst the air is gently abreezy - pure joy! Thank heavens. I feel so sorry for you as rain is just depressing. Tattoo Peter next allotment plot feels depressed when the sun is coy whilst I'm coy when it is out. I have to hide myself next to the door of my tiny shed. Richard has invited me to take refuge in his shed when it's too hot or I am tired. He has made it into a lovely room so that his wife can sit there. Hope she can persuade her. He's 72 and he needs the company.

I'm going to move the fabric planter to the allotment as there is a very hard clay bit which I won't bother to dig up. I'm just happy go lucky - dump it on top and start planting. I am down to my last 1/2 butt. It's really is not worth it. 11 butts and none totally full and my tiny strip has been like a ghetto. I have turned on the water tap and let it flow very gently. Only about 4 months of drought and these two months are crucial.

Hedgehog! I really miss my bundle of joy, especially I haven't got a bond with any of my birds now that they are caged. When they roamed around in my make-shift circle, I was filled with joy. Now feeding them whilst so much on my mind is not enjoyable any more. More Like a chore! Perhaps, I should feed the hens a bit of worms and enjoy the acrobatics.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, got some "Bird of paradise" seeds from China yesterday and they look like these

SAM_1330.JPG

Whilst the seeds I bought from this country were round with a cute orange tuft.

bird of paradise.jpeg

Just reminds me of Hoya seeds being replaced with Cleome seeds, again!

Paul Scarlett is very happy - shame it's too high to hide my fence! Bamboos are reaching for the sky after clearing the front area, despite having very little water.

SAM_0211.JPG

Two plants survived last year's winter. Very pleased.
SAM_0212.JPG

Honey Gold?
SAM_0214.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The cold has probably killed the fly and no more buzzing. What a relief! Hate being annoyed and flies are no good.

Now, I have had it. Planted out about 12 toms the day before yesterday in 2 mini toms greenhouses and yesterday, we saw them blown to the ground. Removed the plastic and of course, last night was actually quite cold. Really, toms should be planted in my hot garden. I might have to dig every toms up and started at home again.

All butts are empty and last night I had an hour of watering using tap water. A proper watering I would say. So much more relieved for the dry plants. In the allotment, we discussed how we needed proper rain. We all know the gardens here are bone dry. Temperatures today 26c and 16c and I have so much to do. Another request for viewing.

Sarah Bernhardt is flourishing and all crippling the stems. 1 June and my veg seedlings are not doing well. I planted 8 sweetcorn and only 2 emerged and they are miles apart!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hopefully everything will produce for you with a bit of special care!

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:joyful:What time is it your way please, Vanessa? So nice to have someone to talk to so early in the morning. We are 5.43am here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question