Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Perki
farmer Gracie 25% off spring bulbs and free carriage until Sunday.

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I 've already seen this offer I am holding it for a even better bargain :) some of the bulbs only have 10 -15% off as well .

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Words fail me how a character like Triump could get elected to be a predient IN THE FIRST PLACE! He's so divisive and not a stateman material, let alone a president. Foreign actors might be working hard, just like Brexit. Meanwhile, Russian leader is now granted life-time immunity to any prosecutions. Our PM is fluffing and bluffing and his various dalliances are willing to go on the news exposing his abuse of money granted to her becaiuse of their liaison. Democracy is fragile all over the world while foreign actorS are literally and metaphorically FISHING! Talking of which there are now narco-submarines!

Oh, dear! Covid is so close to you, Perki :banghead: :inpain: :cry: The horrible thing is that this contagious disease is mutating and different strands of DNA are causing more havocs and our government spending so much money on useless PPE and Track and Trace might not know what they are tracing. How do the Germans do it? Or the Australians do it? Our whole nation is foundering with debits well over our heads and some scientists enjoying watching their shares/wages soar in values while we crouch frightened.

My helper said he thought he had covid, but later denied it. He said he had terrible flu like symptoms and he was told to lose weight immediately. Well, judging from the girth, it hasn't been successful. I had no runny nose or dizzy head yesterday, but I will take 2 more paracetamols to day and a cup of lemon juice.; I'm not taking any chance. The lady up the road told me all his family members forbade her to go out because she was diabetic. She came down to give me some linen face masks made by her daughter and we talked across a window. So nice of her. I'm going to give her some eggs today.

Progress is slow with greenhouse and I have dug up quite a few dahlias and gathered some seeds. The seeds this year are very soggy and doggy! More tears! Today, I need to take cuttings of Salvias. One greenhouse is already full. I want to chuck the yellow pompon, but I feel so guilty. Now I have found out that I have 4 x Colour Spectacle, 4 x Omega, 2 x fancy pants, 2 x Black Honka

Yesterday was very cold whilst Wednesday was gorgeous.

1604730954045.png

Large camera
Never good to take photos inside the lean-to

Abutilons are still flowering. Red, pink, and yellow are carrying buds
SAM_0098.JPG
SAM_0099.JPG
SAM_0100.JPG

Lady in red looks like a mess!
SAM_0102.JPG

This rose is very happy!
SAM_0104.JPG

I am still waiting for my iris to flower. I have so far harvested 6 strands of Saffron - beginning of my money-making adventure! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I 've already seen this offer I am holding it for a even better bargain :) some of the bulbs only have 10 -15% off as well .

By the time your turn comes, your objets de désire will be greyed out as Sold out! Have a look at Avon bulbs. I have finally ordered my erythronium Snowflake! I wish I had ordered tall white lilies!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It was a glorious and hot day. I got rid of the supposed to be watermelon plant and harvested 2 pumpkins one of which was consumed with the roasted chicken. Tasted much better than potatoes. Shame I only have one now.

1604817092940.png

:banghead: The sun might be shy today!

Sorry, there are a lot of penstemons as I changed the setting of the camera.
SAM_0127.JPG
SAM_0126.JPG
SAM_0125.JPG
SAM_0124.JPG
SAM_0123.JPG
SAM_0122.JPG

Cherry Pie. This camera can take photos of this colour. So pleased.
SAM_0121.JPG
SAM_0120.JPG
SAM_0119.JPG

Too much light!
SAM_0118.JPG
SAM_0117.JPG
SAM_0116.JPG
SAM_0115.JPG
SAM_0114.JPG
SAM_0113.JPG

This will have to go!
SAM_0112.JPG

Either penstemmon Vesuvius or Etna.
SAM_0111.JPG
SAM_0110.JPG
SAM_0109.JPG
SAM_0108.JPG
SAM_0107.JPG

Result of metamorphosis! I was heart broken when a man told me that these were probably courgettes! Well, it tastes better than potatoes and my chickens will be very happy when I feed them later with leftovers.

Helper is coming today! Well, we will see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Words fail me how a character like Triump could get elected to be a predient IN THE FIRST PLACE! He's so divisive and not a stateman material, let alone a president. Foreign actors might be working hard, just like Brexit. Meanwhile, Russian leader is now granted life-time immunity to any prosecutions. Our PM is fluffing and bluffing and his various dalliances are willing to go on the news exposing his abuse of money granted to her becaiuse of their liaison. Democracy is fragile all over the world while foreign actorS are literally and metaphorically FISHING! Talking of which there are now narco-submarines!

Oh, dear! Covid is so close to you, Perki :banghead: :inpain: :cry: The horrible thing is that this contagious disease is mutating and different strands of DNA are causing more havocs and our government spending so much money on useless PPE and Track and Trace might not know what they are tracing. How do the Germans do it? Or the Australians do it? Our whole nation is foundering with debits well over our heads and some scientists enjoying watching their shares/wages soar in values while we crouch frightened.

My helper said he thought he had covid, but later denied it. He said he had terrible flu like symptoms and he was told to lose weight immediately. Well, judging from the girth, it hasn't been successful. I had no runny nose or dizzy head yesterday, but I will take 2 more paracetamols to day and a cup of lemon juice.; I'm not taking any chance. The lady up the road told me all his family members forbade her to go out because she was diabetic. She came down to give me some linen face masks made by her daughter and we talked across a window. So nice of her. I'm going to give her some eggs today.

Progress is slow with greenhouse and I have dug up quite a few dahlias and gathered some seeds. The seeds this year are very soggy and doggy! More tears! Today, I need to take cuttings of Salvias. One greenhouse is already full. I want to chuck the yellow pompon, but I feel so guilty. Now I have found out that I have 4 x Colour Spectacle, 4 x Omega, 2 x fancy pants, 2 x Black Honka

Yesterday was very cold whilst Wednesday was gorgeous.

View attachment 73088

Large camera
Never good to take photos inside the lean-to

Abutilons are still flowering. Red, pink, and yellow are carrying buds
View attachment 73089View attachment 73090View attachment 73091
Lady in red looks like a mess!View attachment 73093

This rose is very happy!
View attachment 73095
I am still waiting for my iris to flower. I have so far harvested 6 strands of Saffron - beginning of my money-making adventure! LOL!
@alp, What is the pink rose?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Watched Teens who kill in which a 15 year old killed for £200 a 26 year old Turkish lady. His brother and cousin were also incarcerated for murder. How very sad. He looked a like vacant child. Parent unable to represent him as she was vacant too. Then a journalist went on to list the numbers of gangs we had in London: The Turkish, Kensal Green Boys (KGB), Eastern European gangs, Somali gangs. Gangs everywhere. It's just so sad.

Then watched 24 Hours in Police Custody on drug bust in Hertfordshire. A trip supposedly carrying spider traps from Holland shifted 45Kg of Class A and it was estimated 1.8tonnes had been shifted. When arrest was made early in the morning of the kingpin, the woman said, "Be careful, I have kids!" So her kids counted but not the others. He even phoned from jail to show how much he loved his little man - I love you to the moon and back! Why couldn't he love others' kids, lives and properties as well?

It was frustrating getting the lame hen back into the coop. She is always the last one to get back in and I have to run and run and coax and curse. Despite having one shorter leg which always tentatively goes down a bit slower, she runs incredibly fast and was clever enough to go for where I can never reach. And to top the horror, I saw a rat half the size of a hen. I put down some baits inside an enclosed area and hopefully, they will disappear. So far the lean-to has been free after this treatment.

At 3.30, I heard some long tweeting of birds and I tried to see what birds they were. I saw quite a few long-tailed tits. Very excited as I hadn't seen them for quite a while.

Now I have a problem: This colour is supposed to be West Ham colour. And obviously, it's rendered differently by the bigger camera.
SAM_0148.JPG
SAM_0147.JPG

This Neon is perfect!
SAM_0146.JPG
SAM_0145.JPG

Cirsium Trevor's Blue Wonder which I thought had died.
SAM_0144.JPG
SAM_0143.JPG

This believe it or not is supposed to be Salvia Amistad, but now it looks like Black on Blue!
SAM_0142.JPG
SAM_0141.JPG
SAM_0140.JPG
SAM_0139.JPG

Eileen's Dream Ensata Marginal. I plant it in a tool box lined with plastic to keep the water in. As you can see, the light level has changed the purple to blue! This was taken earlier during the day! Thrilled to see a new plant flowering at this time of the year. That colour is pure bliss! It's quite a large flower as well.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We, apparently, are the highest London Borough having Covid cases. Bad news for being infamous. We are 106th in the table, No wonder Perki such me such a question! I am not taking any of the Covid dose unless I am very ill. You just don't know what after effects they have.

Well, if I had Covid, I haven't lost my sense of smell: I sniffed out 2 dead mice. I knew there would be dead bodies because of the funny and dodgy smell. Thank heavens that the blue cheese cubes worked. I can actually breathe in the lean-to. I also use Zenj's peppermint essential oil. Thank you, Zenj!

Yesterday was a lovely day. All dry and warm and no wind but the warm sunshine dried my clothes. Very happy.

SAM_0312.JPG

I captured the velvety feel of the colour and petal.
SAM_0311.JPG
SAM_0309.JPG
SAM_0308.JPG
SAM_0301.JPG
SAM_0300.JPG

SAM_0296.JPG
SAM_0298.JPG

SAM_0294.JPG

A very big flower! Very pleased with this beauty, especially nothing else is flowering this year with first bloom. Got quite a few marginals at Clockhouse at £2 each. I wonder if we would bump into Joe Swift in Enfield gcs. He lives in Enfield.

Attachments

• SAM_0304.JPG
    SAM_0304.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Watched Teens who kill in which a 15 year old killed for £200 a 26 year old Turkish lady. His brother and cousin were also incarcerated for murder. How very sad. He looked a like vacant child. Parent unable to represent him as she was vacant too. Then a journalist went on to list the numbers of gangs we had in London: The Turkish, Kensal Green Boys (KGB), Eastern European gangs, Somali gangs. Gangs everywhere. It's just so sad.

Then watched 24 Hours in Police Custody on drug bust in Hertfordshire. A trip supposedly carrying spider traps from Holland shifted 45Kg of Class A and it was estimated 1.8tonnes had been shifted. When arrest was made early in the morning of the kingpin, the woman said, "Be careful, I have kids!" So her kids counted but not the others. He even phoned from jail to show how much he loved his little man - I love you to the moon and back! Why couldn't he love others' kids, lives and properties as well?

It was frustrating getting the lame hen back into the coop. She is always the last one to get back in and I have to run and run and coax and curse. Despite having one shorter leg which always tentatively goes down a bit slower, she runs incredibly fast and was clever enough to go for where I can never reach. And to top the horror, I saw a rat half the size of a hen. I put down some baits inside an enclosed area and hopefully, they will disappear. So far the lean-to has been free after this treatment.

At 3.30, I heard some long tweeting of birds and I tried to see what birds they were. I saw quite a few long-tailed tits. Very excited as I hadn't seen them for quite a while.

Now I have a problem: This colour is supposed to be West Ham colour. And obviously, it's rendered differently by the bigger camera.
View attachment 73177View attachment 73178
This Neon is perfect!View attachment 73179View attachment 73180

Cirsium Trevor's Blue Wonder which I thought had died. View attachment 73181View attachment 73182

This believe it or not is supposed to be Salvia Amistad, but now it looks like Black on Blue! View attachment 73183View attachment 73184View attachment 73185View attachment 73186

Eileen's Dream Ensata Marginal. I plant it in a tool box lined with plastic to keep the water in. As you can see, the light level has changed the purple to blue! This was taken earlier during the day! Thrilled to see a new plant flowering at this time of the year. That colour is pure bliss! It's quite a large flower as well.
@alp, I like the detail of the flower petals of Eileen's Dream Ensata Marginal.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Er, Te .. Thank you. Louis. No need to quote my whole passage to highlight one point! I remember there was a forum where the admin would add some many repeat messages before and after my posts, which made me nervous. All the pages were full of them. It looked busy for a very disingenuous reason. Please just highlight your point instead of quoting my rambling thoughts. It's kind of embarrassing! LOL! Hope you don't take offence.

It is a thread that I will reflect on in years to come. I also sometimes hunt for some photos to keep by flipping through these pages. People consume the content and leave no trace. That's up to them. I must say it is a bit rude. Why consume and not contribute or even show the slightest hint of appreciation? But then diversity makes life interesting. I don't want to have another duplicate of me. I'm so boring.

Going to be a glorious day!

1605165793621.png

Vestige of summer

Stunning Josephine with lots of details and delicate colour - the courage of flowering in late autumn makes me take note of this clematis!

SAM_0320.JPG

This is a grass whichI really like. Sown from seed and it's still singing and dancing and the frothy pearls are like fireworks!
SAM_0319.JPG

So is this Rudbeckia - 2nd year flowering whilst all the Goldstrums have disappeared.
SAM_0318.JPG

Calibrachoa - two flowers on this hanging basket.
SAM_0317.JPG

These are flowers from my hanging basket.
SAM_0315.JPG
SAM_0314.JPG
SAM_0313.JPG

I will store this whole basket in the workshop which is already gem-packed with stuff. Hopefully, they survive the winter. One petunia pirouette did.

Couldn't bubble wrap the greenhouse as the strings were too loose and the hole to hang them too small. Ordered some clips which never turned up. Seller blamed Royal Mail and refunded me. Yesterday, I ordered some more. Hopefully, they come early. But with Royal Mail, don't hold your breath. Sometimes they can be very good- a parcel from Ireland arrived in 3 days, but sometimes, 10 days and a dead plant and in this case, no show.

PS: Read this article and really think they should have a professional on site to manage the forest. Can't leave it to cowboys who have no knowledge of forest management.

Attachments

• SAM_0316.JPG
    SAM_0316.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
T ... Louis, please google. Worth the effort.

Hope the little bug in my room not flying in front of my screen any more. Unwelcome intruder! I'm never quick enough though.

Last night, I went to the hen coop and found the lame one, Laney, all alone sitting in her own little corner at one end of the coop which is about 6 foot long. And at another end all the other 6 sat together in one cubicle. The warm air was palpable. I quickly went indoors to get some food and fed the lame one. Life must be hard for her. She screamed and kicked when I retired her into her own appartment every evening. I gave her her own food. Before I turned my back, a healthy and quick Bella went for her food and her corner. All very sad.

It was a lovely day yesterday and I took more cuttings. Last year, before cold had set in, I took tons of photos. This year, the wet put paid to that, but to my surprise, some flowers are still holding up very well.

Red Rock with 3 blooms

SAM_0341.JPG
SAM_0340.JPG
SAM_0339.JPG
SAM_0338.JPG

Fuchsia, very happy where it is!
SAM_0337.JPG
SAM_0336.JPG
SAM_0335.JPG
SAM_0334.JPG
SAM_0333.JPG
SAM_0332.JPG

Omega

Penstemon
SAM_0331.JPG
SAM_0330.JPG

Duo?
SAM_0329.JPG

Myrtle's Folly
SAM_0328.JPG

Pompon
SAM_0327.JPG

Blackbird penstemon
SAM_0326.JPG
SAM_0325.JPG
SAM_0324.JPG

More Myrtle's Folly
SAM_0323.JPG
SAM_0322.JPG

Tuby chrysanthemum.
SAM_0344.JPG
SAM_0343.JPG

Glad that there is still a bit of colours in the garden, but on the whole, holes everywhere and to top the horror, chickens kick up the mud and have mud baths, too near my Monch and one even slept on my Stipa gigantea! Free range has its welcome consequences.

Attachments

• SAM_0345.JPG
    SAM_0345.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 36
  • SAM_0342.JPG
    SAM_0342.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
New phone camera Samsung galaxy A71? 64mpx

Easy to take pic as a finger can focus the subject, but colour shift is still dodgy.

This is a good representation of the colour - sort of magenta
duo.jpg
duo2.jpg
omega.jpg

This seems to be quite good as it is as peachy.

pens.jpg
phyllis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question