Lydford forest garden and river

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's funny; the only words I've looked at in a variety of languages are "love" and "thank you."

Claudine, I don't know how close Łódź is to you, but I did see a few other links; I think this one talks about Warsaw:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/03/us-poland-allotments-idUSBRE87205D20120803

I live in Wrocław so neither of these cities is close to my home and I've never been to any of them. But maybe I will. I feel that I should travel more in my own country:p . Thank you for interesting links:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I had a look at Wroclaw from the satellite, quite a big river you got there.

There are strong links between Poland & Britain, I grew up with Polish neighbours that settled here after the war and now we have a lot of migrants working here, they are very good people.

We have a Polish Shop in our local town and even a Polish section in Tesco's Supermarket.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ChanellG, I guess Wrocław isn't well known among foreigners. On the other hand, we have so many tourists here. You rarely hear Polish language while walking on the central square.
Zigs, yes, there are many of us in your country. I'm curious - what do they sell in a Polish section in Tesco?:p
This big river is Odra - I live on an island in the middle of it. Wrocław is called "the Venice of the north" for a reason:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Pickles mainly, i'll have a closer look next time I'm in there.

Are you near the Olympic stadium? No good me trying to spell anything else I could see:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Polish pickles are the most delicious:D
The Olympic stadium is in a different part of the city, it takes me almost an hour by bus to get there. I live near the zoo, it's one of the biggest zoos in Poland:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:D I'm sure they are, i'll have another look at the map.

Really interesting to see your City, maybe we should start a thread with satellite views of where we live?

Reaction score
What a neat idea. There's a community garden near me, but I don't know the policy on eating fruit.

Jed

Reaction score
What an interesting thread.:)
Firstly zigs some really lovely photos. You must have felt much better after visiting there. The idea of community gardens is slowly taking off down here.

That article Chanell on the Warsaw community gardens was an interesting read.Lets hope people power prevails. As one said in the article. There are people for whom money is not the most important thing.

Claudine you certainly live in an interesting city. Much to explore. :)

Reaction score
Zigs that looks like paradise to me.. I love to live by a river.. last week we drove miles and miles just because I wanted to be by the river. Those trees and flowers look gorgeous. Thanks for posting those pictures. :)

Reaction score
Zigs, I'm becoming a bit jealous of you! We live in the country with a pond we swim in, rolling hills and country roads. But Ohio is NO match for the UK!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs, I'm becoming a bit jealous of you! We live in the country with a pond we swim in, rolling hills and country roads. But Ohio is NO match for the UK!

If it makes you feel better i'm planning on moving to a post industrial northern area because I've fallen in love with a girl that lives there:D

I know a song that mentions Ohio !!

(Caution, a bit rude and has a few swear words in it. Don't look if you are easily offended)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/yatta

Reaction score
I need to start taking more pictures of all the gardens that I see in this country (Ireland). Lydford Forest Garden and River looks beautiful. I would love to walk round that. I love taking pictures of beautiful gardens. I also love nature trails in this country. You can see some beautiful plants :).

Ask a Question