Lucky Bamboo turning yellow. Help!

Leo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, everyone.

I got this lucky bamboo 2 months ago as a gift. Today I notice one of the stems turning yellow. It is not getting too much sunlight, as it's in my office, without any direct windows to the sun. It came with little pebbles and I water it once a week when it dries out (I keep pebbles always wet). Can you help me what can I do to make sure other stems stay healthy?

thanks.

bc6b3064-a3df-484a-8659-d165d393f0f1.jpg IMG_4843.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Leo, The reason your bamboo is turning yellow is because you are using tap water to water it, unfortunately it contains Chlorine which upsets the chemistry of the plant so is not good at all, use rainwater only and the yellowing will disappear over time..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Bottled water is a good alternative to rain water. Is there dirt amongst the pebbles? If not you can probably get away with just keeping the pebbles submerged in water ccontantly, mine is in a vase with just water.
Also theres a good chance that that stem will die, very rarely they survive once they go that yellow.

Ask a Question