Love of plants

Reaction score
Where did you get your love of plants from?
I got mine from my father, he was so crazy about plants. Also he was worried about was his garden, the rest were secondary. Not that he didn't care for us or our home.. but he was so fond of his garden.
I think this caught on to me and a couple of my brothers.. we have plants allover our house though we live in medium sized apartments.
How did you get you love for plants?

I also started to love gardening and plants because my dad :) He is a wonderful man, but he has got really lost in the way lately... I still can't forget he taught me to love nature and plants. He was the one who brought me the first cuttings I ever planted in a pot. Everything started just like that, he saw I liked it and that's how he started to bring me more and more cuttings. Me and my dad have very few things in common, but thanks to this hobby we finally had something to talk about.

Reaction score
I would have to say that I got my love of plants from going out into my parents garden when I was a kid. I loved going out there to pick the many vegetables that we later ate that day or put up in the freezer. My favorites were the cucumbers and the tomatoes. I loved cleaning and eating those the most. I guess that's why I love growing my own and eating them today.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not really sure, but I know I was interested enough to get the attention of a lovely Scottish Lady when I was on holiday in Israel when I was 8 years old, I remember her correcting me about mistaking a plant for heather.

She posted me a book on Wildflowers when I got home, still got it. Feel really bad as I don't remember writing to say thank you, I hope I did, just too long ago to remember.

She set me up on a course that influenced my entire life.

Reaction score
Both of my parents grew up on farms and both seemed to really love plants, both indoors and in the garden. They always did a wonderful job with the yard and gardens and my mom's plants inside always did well.

Ask a Question