Love your plants!!!

Reaction score
Someone once told me that if you want your plants to grow up to be strong and healthy, that you have to give them a lot of love and take care of them. I'm really learning to love the growing process. Do any of YOU have stories about how much you love your plants? Or, do you have any stories about how loving your plants has actually caused them to grow more?

Reaction score
Plants growing from being loved is just cause and effect. If you care about something, you'll pay attention to it, keep it healthy and take care of it.
I have a basil plant that I grew from seeds and since it grew from seeds that I carefully took care of, I'm especially fond of that plant, more than the adult plants I've bought. Because I carefully took care of those little basil sprouts and hung in there when pests were attacking my plant, I now have a tall and healthy basil plant that's growing purple flowers. I almost feel like that plant's mother.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I talk to my plants the carbon dioxide made when you exhale helps the plants grow. I had a rubber tree plant once that was not growing well. I threatened the plant with a knife and that was that, once I told the plant I would cut it down to nothing it started to grow.

Reaction score
I talk to my plants the carbon dioxide made when you exhale helps the plants grow. I had a rubber tree plant once that was not growing well. I threatened the plant with a knife and that was that, once I told the plant I would cut it down to nothing it started to grow.

That's wild. I've never threatened a plant with bodily harm.
I guess it's a good thing the plant listened to you and obediently started growing. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've heard that plants grow better if you love them. I'm not sure if it's true in every case but I know one thing: I love my miniature roses dearly and they grow beautifully. I start my day with looking at them, right after waking up I go to my windowsill to see what is new and they always have some surprises for me because they grow so fast:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I read an article once about a similar thing. They put the plants in a room and hooked them up to a monitor , then someone came in and shredded up one of the plants. It registered on the monitor, so they could tell the plants sensed what happened. Then they had people come into the room, and when the "plant killer" came in, all the monitors went crazy !
So it would seem to me, that our plants can also feel the good vibrations from us, and that they would feel the love and respond to it with better growth, especially if we visualize that when we talk to them.

Reaction score
Plants know when they are in a loving environment and do not respond to threats, don't believe me, read the book, "Secret Life of Plants." Most plants originate from the rain forest, their own loving, caring environment, without any assistance from humans. Once we bring them into our home environment, as ACSAPA says, "plants growing from being loved is more cause and effect", than anything else. Just give them the care they need, the care that nature provided for them when they lived on their own, that's all the care they need when in our human space. If Pat actually "threatened her Rubber Tree Plant", with scissors or a knife, the opposite would have been true, rather than grow, it could have wilted, but the care that it was given - water, light, etc., is what caused it to respond, not violence. No other species actually understands or responds well to human violence, except other humans ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
Plants know when they are in a loving environment and do not respond to threats, don't believe me, read the book, "Secret Life of Plants."

I read "The Secret Power of Plants" a couple of years ago and it left me wanting more, only I didn't know where to find similar material. The book you mention seems to be just what I'm looking for. It appears to follow the same line of thought, but probably in more detail. I'd love to read it, if only I can find the time.

Reaction score
I guess I do have a crazy love relationship with my plants. I encourage them to grow and produce, and they encourage me to do the same. I've heard that the shadow of a gardener does help plants grow. Most plants need a lot of attention, Except succulents and cacti just want to be left alone.

Reaction score

LOL, you made me laugh so hard!!! You're so funny!! I never thought of threatening a stubborn tree or plant that doesn't want to grow up, uhm that would have saved me all the hassle ;) But, I do think talking to them can be good... I read somewhere they even grow better with some classical music.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum, it's the first time when I hear that plants like classical music:D:p Maybe this is why my miniature roses are so healthy, I'm addicted to Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Bach:D I listen to them all the time.

Reaction score
Wow really?? I love classical music as well!!! Those composers you mentioned made great music. Have you tried listening to Mozart? He has a lot excellent tracks that are great for studying and learning... it's what they call ''the mozart effect''. As for plants, I think classical music has a lot benefits ;) My fish used to love it when I was listening to it! Specially my angel fish...

Ask a Question