Lights that beautify the garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I love the ease in which you can install solar powered lights, but they don't work well in shady areas.

My favorite will always be a dancing flame, but it's use can be limited.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a beautiful lamp:
250_1885184746513f7d962ff2e.jpg

It has a nice vintage touch and I love it! I don't like when things look too modern so I'm very fond of this lamp:) And I want it!:D

Reaction score
i picked up two of these thursday, pretty cheap at big lots

exteriors001_zps8df038a6.jpg

(maybe it's because i'm not too good with computers to begin with, but i really don't like how photobucket works now)

but they didn't work like i thought.

i got them for a little dirt mound i've been trying to grow flowers on since they look like small gazing balls. i have a couple of larger ones on the same mound. i figured i'd try to buy a few at a time to border my outdoor area too. it turns out though that they're not very bright, because they're color changing led's. but they're nice amoung the flowers at night (what few i have growing there), like colorchanging fireflies. so i ended up getting two more.

being so cheap i don't know how long they'll last, but they look nice anyway so i'll probaly leave them even if they stop working. the bodies of them seem pretty solid, so maybe i can rewire them later if need be.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Philphine, this lamp looks really pretty, the shape of it is very nice and I'm sure it's lovely to see "colorchanging fireflies" among your flowers - it sounds really romantic, now I want to have a lamp like this too:D
Here is another beautiful idea on how to add some light to a garden, I'd love to buy a decoration like this:

7-fresh-design-ideas-for-front-garden-Front-garden-accessories.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Unfortunately the first picture doesn't show up for me - but I'm sure that it looks very pretty. The second one made me smile, it's such a cheerful decoration:)
I adore this garden lighting, it's so subtle and beautiful:

tumblr_m08k0ehcOs1r6b2mso1_500.jpg

Reaction score
I love many of the lighting ideas in this thread, but I would definitely go for outdoor solar lights on a switch. Does anyone know if Ikea's solar lights are any good? They seem awfully inexpensive.

Reaction score
I love gardens with lights, they always look so romantic - and also a little mysterious. But I prefer when the light is very subtle and has a warm tone. This decoration looks very lovely:

Garden+lights+landscape+7.jpg

I love those little wicker and dragonfly lights. Those are so pretty and look like summer. I can see having an outdoor picnic at dusk with these lights.

If you can't afford garden lamps nor lanterns, you can always use candles for a very special evening. I would love to throw a garden party like this:

fariasdinnerinthegarden016.jpg

Reaction score
Creating a really visually appealing garden is one the most tedious things ever. The money is the biggest aspect because it can be very costly next is the time consumption and even more still you may need help because some of this stuff you can not simply do it yourself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Garden lightening doesn't have to be very expensive. You just have to keep it simple and to look for lovely ideas - many decorations are easy to make. All that you need to make a lantern, is an old jar and a candle:)
I love these lamps:

outdoor-garden-lighting.jpg

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, seeing all the beautiful lights posted here makes me want to rush out and get some. Unfortunately, I've already spent waaaaaaaaaaaay too much on my garden this year, but maybe next year.....

I like the fairy glow jars too, and that would be pretty cheap, maybe I'll just start with a few of those

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I can't afford very fancy garden lights either, but I find simple jars and candles the most beautiful anyway, so I don't worry about it:) . Here are two lovely photos, in my opinion they're very inspiring:

outdoor-lights-garden-decorations-candles-lanterns.jpg

outdoor-candles-and-lanterns3-3.jpg

Reaction score
I have solar lights but don't have a nice picture of them at the moment. I will try tonight but we have possums that have been roaming our yard at night so I don't go out there when it is real dark at the moment. They will go elsewhere soon since we don't have any food they can get into and they don't seem to bother the plants.

Anyway my solar lights are cute :) I would get more to add but not all of my yard gets much sunlight and it is quite small. The solar lights change colors and are in shapes. 1 is a bird, 1 is a dragonfly and the other is a butterfly. They look really neat when they light up the different colors too!

My mom bought them for me so I am not sure exactly how much they were, but I don't think they are real expensive and they are solar so they don't run on your electric bill.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Are possums dangerous? So far, I've only seen them in pictures and I must say that in my opinion they look kind of cute.
Anyway, I hope that you'll be able to take the pictures and share them with us, I'm sure that your soloar lights look very lovely :)

Reaction score
WOW these are looking awesome, i love those light because they are looking very nice, specially those dinning table with dim lights are looking awesome. I also have some designs for you dear..

solar-lights-garden-8.jpg

garden-lights-for-the-pool.jpg
Mr-Skill-Garden-Lighting-8.jpg
4-lights-for-garden-with-night-lamp.jpg
Nighttime-in-the-Garden-with-Nice-Seats.jpg

Ask a Question