Will these grow lights be OK for my venus & sundew plants?

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Gardening' started by P A U L, Feb 2, 2018.

1. P A U L

P A U L

P A U L, Feb 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. P A U L

DirtMechanic

Grow lights have enhanced high blue (uv) and low red (ir) frequencies. Since water is a wonderful absorber of IR and UV my guess about your light is no, as going to any expense for that frequency would be fishy!

DirtMechanic, Feb 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. P A U L

P A U L

will this work? i put it on a timer outlet so the lights are automatically on/off 6am to 6pm. deviated a lot from original plans thanks to the tips from you and a flytrap forum. i even had to return a few things...gotta love Amazon.com.

there's also very very very little end of the peace lily leaf stealing some light. if lilies like the shade i figure i'd add some negligible amounts of photosynthesis while it feeds off the light bouncing off that mirrored building across the street.

the sundews are sitting in 2 trays. a larger tray has a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a drop of Dawn dish soap. another tray that is barely smaller, has distilled water only with the pot sitting in the water.

IMG-9081.JPG

other pics:

IMG-9065.JPG IMG-9073.JPG

lol and the bug eaters also get direct morning sunlight around 10am from the southeast. top path is around summer...lasts about 60~75 minutes. bottom path is around winter time...lasts about 45 minutes. this picture was taken before the lamps.

IMG-9047.jpg

P A U L, Feb 8, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question