LED Grow Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi everyone,

I am doing a research on significance of LED grow lights for vegetable species indoor . As Part of the research , I am doing a survey among growers . Can you all please share your experience if any; with LED grow lights and there comparison with old technology lamps.

Thanks everyone!

Regards,

Manju

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Best one I have ever used is called ufo 400w multi Spectrum ie ideal for veg and flowering cost 70p a day to run 12 hrs a day I ran mine in conjunction With a ebb and flow system results were staggering I used them for chilli plants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ps and there far safer no need for a ballast or fans as they run with hardly any heat

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Best one I have ever used is called ufo 400w multi Spectrum ie ideal for veg and flowering cost 70p a day to run 12 hrs a day I ran mine in conjunction With a ebb and flow system results were staggering I used them for chilli plants

400 Watts is ridiculous and excessive. I experimented with the available low wattage LED lamps from the local hardware. Usually less than 25 watts. I don't use them for producing only making strong healthy plants for later outdoor plantings. The advantage of the LED's is the low heat produced. With any artificial lighting the criteria is to get under sunlight asp. My heuristic report.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was growing in a 4m by 4m conservatory with close on a 100 plants in there so 400w was adequate not excessive in regard to getting plants ASAP from Led to sun is wrong you need to almost harden them of to the sun as tender leafs will burn imo!

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi everyone,

I am doing a research on significance of LED grow lights for vegetable species indoor . As Part of the research , I am doing a survey among growers . Can you all please share your experience if any; with LED grow lights and there comparison with old technology lamps.

Thanks everyone!

Regards,

Manju
I was growing in a 4m by 4m conservatory with close on a 100 plants in there so 400w was adequate not excessive in regard to getting plants ASAP from Led to sun is wrong you need to almost harden them of to the sun as tender leafs will burn imo!
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
A little late to the topic,...but if you look at enough factory style farming you see the use of these red lights instead of the normal high watt white lights.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Dose not take much brains to see the cost savings of changing from a high watt sodium light used by a lot of pot growers changing to red/blue LEDs.

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
A little late to the topic,...but if you look at enough factory style farming you see the use of these red lights instead of the normal high watt white lights.

Thanks La Garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless you are growing plants in a high density situation, basically commercially LEDs don't really make that much sense for the home gardener.

Ask a Question