Crumpled wet leafs

Reaction score
Country
India
hello,

I have the attached state of a leaf on new plants that have germinated from seeds planted about a couple of months back. I see that some leafs are wet and crumpled on the plants, can you please help me identify what is wrong and what i can do to rectify it.

Please do let me know if any other info is required.

Regards & thanks in advance

Attachments

• crumpled_wet_leaf.jpg
    crumpled_wet_leaf.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 206
Reaction score
Country
India
Also, i read that over watering is a problem, the pot has drainage and also i only water them slightly once every 3 days or so.

Reaction score
Country
India
yeh it is potted, they are flower plants, i got a bunch of different flower variety seeds and have spread two varieties in single long pot, given my naivety i have not noted down what type of flower it is per pot :(, apologies for that. Medium : 1/3 of coco peat + soil + vermicompost

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That tip could be coming from wet feet. Do you see any other symptoms listed on the sticky post at the top of this forum besides tip burn? Algae for example? Coco holds water as well as nutrients. So will vermicompost. So will soil to a degree since it to has organic matter. Your mix is 2/3 organic matter at a minimum - which is too much richness for many plants - and you are feeding them on top of this making it even richer. There is reduced oxygen in a super rich mix. Perhaps using vermiculite or perlite instead of coco or with the coco/verm would help. Is it only this one plant type showing symptoms? You mentioned a mix of seeds. Do you know the PH?

This quote:
"Most potting soil you buy in a garden center are
comprised of three basic ingredients: peat moss, pine bark, and either perlite or vermiculite (to provide air space)."

Comes from this link:
Potting Soil

Last edited:

Ask a Question