Ordered some new lights

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Chel, there are too many variables to give a straight yes or no answer. Conditions such as additional lighting, temperature and humidity will affect your success. Also, have you already started the seeds or will you be sprouting them under the light? Since you have already purchased the light, go ahead and use it. Please keep notes on your procedure and how successful it was. Several people on this forum would appreciate your review of this product.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I would offer my opinion if I could but I only have experience with HPS and now LED. The led's which are red/blue are amazing and use very little power.

Ive heard many people say nice things about the t5's but did not make them my final choice because of the cost of running them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am so mad at myself, I ordered this and I got it today in the mail and it is only the stand. Now I have no clue what to get. I thought it was a kit with the t5 lights. Can someone please send me a link of what exactly to get for this stand?

Attachments

• IMG_9444.JPG
    IMG_9444.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 343
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would offer my opinion if I could but I only have experience with HPS and now LED. The led's which are red/blue are amazing and use very little power.

Ive heard many people say nice things about the t5's but did not make them my final choice because of the cost of running them.

Could you link me to your set up or tell me the brand ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yes I just did this with my photography lights. Will this work? Lol. I feel like such a idiot.

Attachments

• IMG_9445.JPG
    IMG_9445.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_9446.JPG
    IMG_9446.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 320

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
That light is just enough for indoor herbs and seedlings unfortunately. Tomatoes require lots of sun to thrive indoors. A rule of thumb, 4x 36" T5 High Output bulb and no more than 16 inches distance from the canopy..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That light is just enough for indoor herbs and seedlings unfortunately. Tomatoes require lots of sun to thrive indoors. A rule of thumb, 4x 36" T5 High Output bulb and no more than 16 inches distance from the canopy..

I bought one t5 bulb, is this good enough for these tomatos? Is the light too close?

Attachments

• IMG_9736.JPG
    IMG_9736.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 312

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I bought one t5 bulb, is this good enough for these tomatos? Is the light too close?
check the heat, that distance is about 200 umols which is enough on about 14 to to 16 hours a day, the idea is not to put on so close this is why for most, they will have 4 of these then you can have more distance from the plant..Heat is your main enemy for T5's unlike LED which has less heat, it is effecient for most.. Your seedlings are doing good though, it has strong stem.

Ask a Question