Let it Snow...

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
On the Weather Channel, they were asking people to finish this sentence - "It's so cold that____________" and had people sending joke lines in to them and they were airing people's answers every now and then between updates.

The one that got me - "It's so cold that - the bars are closed in Wisconsin!!" :eek: The horror! I bartended for 10 years up in Columbus. One year we were under a Level 3 snow emergency, pretty much blizzard conditions - and people were walking to the bar to drink!! :rolleyes: Laughing, "Well, I'm not allowed to go to work, what else is there to do?!!" A couple of them lived in the same neighborhood, and met up at the bar saying, "I wondered if it was your tracks I was walking in, thanks for breaking the trail!!"

For the bars to be closed, well, that's saying something!!

LEVEL 3: All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be driving during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel or a personal emergency exists. All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report to work. Those traveling on the roads may subject themselves to arrest. https://www.weathersafety.ohio.gov/SnowEmergencyClassifications.aspx

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Current atmospheric Carbon Dioxide 405 parts per million.

Atmospheric CO2 has been far higher in the past yet we haven't had the runaway greenhouse effect that some folk think will be the end of the world...

The world has long been a cold place, dependent on how much output the sun has. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference how much CO2 is in the atmosphere, if there is too much then plants thrive on it...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We heard about the polar vortex :eek:

Hope everyone is taking care across the pond.
It only went down to 20f here, we got lucky. Our city of Birmingham came to a complete stop based on a forecast of snow Tuesday morning. Then it did not snow! Schools were closed, businesses shuttered. We freak out, truly.
But the snow memes have been great!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a wonder up the hill opposite Friday , weren't so bad going up but for the snow and ice went to the very top and then the wind and snow came, the snow hurt my face :eek: . It calmed down after so manged to get some photos .
On the top , but not quite hill on the left .

Top , cold windy snowing not happy :mad:

Back on the level bit weather better

Dunno who built these

Home somewhere

Back Home:) , if you look at the 4th car (black ) from the right then look straight up onto the horizan you can see a small bump ( you may be able to zoom in ? ) thats the 3 stone pillars they are about 9ft tall

Attachments

• DSC00099.JPG
    DSC00099.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 149

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Perki You're so lucky! Rolling landscape and your photos remind me of our trip. Lovely the panoramic views! So jealous of the location.

Ask a Question