Project greenhouse 100% complete after 3months :D

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
This is a climapod virtue complete kit. One wrong part was shipped but I was able to modify it, some missing parts but not critical.. I only work on it when there's time but I think I did good :D. I won't do it again though LOL.

1aaa.JPG
1aab.JPG
1ab.JPG
1b.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.JPG
View attachment 42503View attachment 42504
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oooo..I need a link for that yard jewelry! And answer a question for me please, do you place the greenhouse at a certain orientation to the east-west angles of the sun in consideration of the side panels or something? I assume if overheating is a worse problem in your area you would align it to reduce sun and in snow areas perhaps the opposite?

Last edited:

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
It’s the climapod virtue :)It is facing north, the louver made it cooler plus the solar fan.. a tad warmer inside..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was looking into building a greenhouse at one time. I like how the plastic panels curve on that one. I was pricing the polycarbonate greenhouse panels......holy smokes those things are high!

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Rey only just clocked your post...smart greenhouse mate and I like the pathing stones and how you've gravelled it inside and done a sturdy path(y)...I bet your well chuffed and have you started growing things yet?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was looking into building a greenhouse at one time. I like how the plastic panels curve on that one. I was pricing the polycarbonate greenhouse panels......holy smokes those things are high!
I built a 14' X 14' Hoop House using 2 ea 10 ft. PVC lengths per hoop. I built using the 1st layer of 6 mil plastic, the 2nd layer of 1" fiber mesh and the 3rd layer of another 6 mil plastic covering. Ends were made from plywood and 2"X4" studs and plywood door. Not too bad of a build, however, it was not used much for the purpose it was built for. I wanted to have an aquaponics setup which never came to fruition, but I did use it to start some of my plants. Then it was taken over by several bags of fertilizers, soil amendments, boxes of coconut coir, fruit tree fertilizers, and various other artifacts of gardening.

It was still worth the effort of doing my own. I laid everything out full scale on paper and then started hammering and screwing the ends together. Once those were up and the hoops in place along the 4" X 4" bottom frame I had friends and relatives over for afternoon "tea" to do the covering. The filling of all the chemicals was all on my back! :)

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Hi @Rey only just clocked your post...smart greenhouse mate and I like the pathing stones and how you've gravelled it inside and done a sturdy path(y)...I bet your well chuffed and have you started growing things yet?

Thanks Gail, Yes, mostly succulents and cactus and some carivorous plants. We had some 50MPH wind last week and it survived fine, one tree in front of my house did not :D . It was so strong that I found my sneakers in the yard from my deck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question