Recommended Dual Outlet Water Timers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We've had a Gardena MultiControl Duo water time for a few years now, which controls a couple of sprinklers that water the grass/plants underneath a yew tree in our garden. Without it, nothing would grow at all, other than the odd whisp of grass and the occasional weed.

However, the water timer has given up working properly (new good quality batteries only last weeks, instead of ~1 year), so it looks like I'll need to replace it. As this one hasn't lasted very long, I don't want to get the same one again.

Has anyone got any recommendations for dual outlet water timers? The sort that clip on to an outdoor tap and have a way to program watering times for the week?

HarryS

Eternally Optimistic Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8B+
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Ian , I use an Orbit digital tap timer . It's very easy to programme and very solidly built. It's an American brand but available on Amazon UK . They do a large range so a dual port should be available. I use rechargeable Duracell batteries for it , which last for ages.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks @HarryS and welcome to the forum!

I like the look of this one:

I'm going to pull my existing one apart to see if I can find the reason the batteries keep dying, but if I can't fix it, I'll go for that one. Thanks for the recommendation :).

I see it mentions "rain delay", does your have this feature - if so, is it just a button I hit if it rains, or does it have a built-in sensor?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Orbit timer Amazon

I].jpg

HarryS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8B+
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ian , SQUIB has kindly put a dual port Orbit above . They have a rain delay function you can stop watering for 1 to 7 days. The Orbit unit is built like the proverbial brick outhouse !

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the dual Orbit water timer today and got it all programmed. Really pleased with it as it's very sturdy. Thanks again for the recommendation :D.

HarryS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8B+
Country
United Kingdom
They are very well built and programming is really easy . You should get quite a few years use from it . I take mine indoors in the autumn to protect it . Not worth leaving it out over winter.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll do the same thing too, I've damaged items before by leaving them out over Winter.

I bought the "HF" high-flow model, and it does indeed have a much higher flow than my previous water timer :).

Ask a Question