Lemon Tree?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would take the cuttings off the top of the plant. Get yourself a 5-inch cut and trim all the bottom leaves off leaving the top leaves with a growing shoot. They root best with RO water or bottled water in perlite. I use a dome and keep the humidity at about 70% or more.. Its so much fun to propagate cuttings if you have the growing space.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah Cuttings my Son wants me to use Cuttings for everything but lots of things I want seed.

Wanting to start some Blueberry Bushes but that for sure is to wait.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Theres a big difference between blueberry and lemon trees. Blueberry need between 4.2 to 5 pH and lemon trees need 6. to 7.0 pH.

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you match the cloning liquid pH with the plant soils pH the plants will have much less lag time in the transplant into soil.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its best to take cuttings when they are newly thriving with a lot of vigor in spring. Cuttings can be taken in the late spring, during the first flush of growth, or from the fall flush. I always like spring cuttings more than fall cuttings. Blueberry takes 3 to 4 months to root and a good reason for spring cuttings. . By the end of the growing season, you will have new rooted plants. If order to have a successful propagation you need to root in an acidic mix.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh I have stuff to make my soil acidic.

What I was reading it takes 4 months to root then Pot and take care another year. I have some in Raised Beds which I understand is a no no.

The Lemmon Tree is in its first year so should wait on taking cuttings.

big rockpile

Ask a Question