Lemon cypress drying fast

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my lemon cypress, it is drying fast.

I water it quite often and let the soil drain in between.

Since I noticed the leaves were getting dryer every day, I tried to trim the old ones and still didn't help.

As the last resource, I repotted it with new and better soil and removed some of the older roots for it to be able to expand more.

Since it's quite hot here in Portugal I decided to move it to partial shade not to get direct afternoon sun and burn even more.

I feel helpless now because whatever I do nothing seems to work and I see it dying fast.

The tree is already 2 years old and has plenty of room in the pot.

What should I do?

Heeeeelp!

Cheers
Dani

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.53.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.53.07.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.53.18.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.53.18.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like you may have planted the plant too deep in the container when you transplanted in new soil. Gently tip the plant out of the container and get a look at the roots and make sure the center is getting enough water. Also take a inch or two off the top of the soil so the plant can transpire better.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your reply.

About that, yes. I did that the first time I put it in the pot since the beginning. It’s been like that for almost 2 years. This dryness started to happen in the last 3 months :(

I will give it a try to let it breathe a bit more.

Ask a Question