Lemon cucumbers

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried lemon cucumbers? I ordered a pack of these with my other seeds because I never seen them before. They look like a lemon, round and yellow. Just curious if they taste as good as a regular cucumber?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just started some lemon cucumber seeds almost a week ago. Curious to see how they turn out. I'll keep you updated on mine if you keep me updated on yours. What brand are your seeds? Mine are Ferry~Morse.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I started mine around the same time, almost a week ago. They didn't take long to pop up and so far are doing well. I ordered mine online from OSC Heirloom seeds but it doesn't say what brand. They sound like a bit more work then other cucumbers I plant but it will be interesting to see how they turn out. I'll keep you updated :)

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Also growing them here. Have you tried the new to me lemon drop squash? Excellent

lemon drop.JPG

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
From Burpee:

"A gorgeous lemon lookalike, ‘Lemon Drop’ brings exceptional flavor and beauty to the summer table. Makes for scrumptious fresh eating and downright sublime when sautéed, baked or grilled. For perfect quality, please pick the small, lemon-shaped, creamy-yellow 2½ x 3" fruits at very young stage."

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I haven't heard of them either, I will keep an eye out for them! I usually have a habit of sticking with the same kinds of plants so this year I am experimenting a bit with different plants. I am excited to try some new things.

A couple other things I started this year that I never planted before are sweet cubanelle peppers, gypsy hybrid peppers and pimento peppers.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here are my lemon cucumber sprouts. Also have some Straight 8 cucumber sprouts that I will post in a new thread.

Nice! Have you started cucumbers like that before? I would be a little worried about the roots locking together when it comes time to seperate them but if you have done it before then no prob :)

I will take a pic of mine later today or tomorrow and post it. It's pouring rain today and I am trying to convince myself to go get a haircut, I am not a fan of going out on rainy days lol.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Once or twice before, and as soon as the true leaves show up I'm re-planting in either bigger containers or maybe in ground (depending on weather). It's yucky here today also.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't have problems with placing 2 or 3 cucumber sprouts together. They grow just fine.
I usually plant 3 together when putting the seeds directly in the ground. The lemon ones I have under my grow light for 3-4 weeks so they grow enough that the cut worms will leave them alone when I plant them in the garden so I just do one per pot to hopefully get maximum growth. I only have one seed pack of these so I am being extra careful with them lol.

PXL_20230521_143752596.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Two of them didn't come up so I put another seed in. I will be planting the rest of the pack next week anyway.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here are my lemon cucumber sprouts. Also have some Straight 8 cucumber sprouts that I will post in a new thread.
How are they doing? I still haven't planted mine, maybe next week. A week later they seem to be okay still under the grow light.

PXL_20230528_213323126.MP.jpg

Ask a Question