Lemon as an alternative

Reaction score
I actually have never heard of doing that before. I am going to try it and see how it comes out. It sounds like it may taste good.

Reaction score
I drink lemon water daily and it's healthy. I heard that lemon can really help cut your weight which I don't know if it's true. When my grandma use to cook us porridge, she used to add lemon and it was delicious.

Reaction score
I drink lemon water daily and it's healthy. I heard that lemon can really help cut your weight which I don't know if it's true. When my grandma use to cook us porridge, she used to add lemon and it was delicious.

I drink a glass of lemon water every morning before breakfast. It helps break down some of the acids in your body. Drinking lemon water helps the immune system stay healthy. Lemon water cleanses the colon from unwanted bacteria. Lemons in general are powerful in fighting against infections.

Reaction score
Absolutely, when it comes to lemon, I use it in all my cooking. I use lemon to marinate my fish over night with minced garlic, and freshly picked herbs straight from my garden. When it comes to my tea in the mornings, I gotta add a few drops of fresh lemon. Adding lemon to your food and drink brings out a unique flavor... :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since the weather turned hot here, I've been wanting to make fresh lemonade. I also love using lemons to flavor quinoa, as well as using it in many of my favorite recipes. It is a great addition to green tea and supposedly adds to the health benefits of drinking green tea.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I use lemons for many dishes i cook, and also as a natural cleanser, i have never heard of it being used in porridge, i wonder if it is added whilst the porridge is cooking, or in the bowl like i use a dollop of honey or jam on top of mine. I will try both ways, thanks for that idea Martinez.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried preserved lemons? They are delicious, and easy to make at home. I use them in Moroccan cooking :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Never tried preserved lemons, i tend to use fresh as they are available all year round, perhaps it is something i should try :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
The chicken recipe sounds like something that would go down well in my house :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
All this talk about lemons is making me very frustrated with my lemon tree:confused:.
For the first year since I planted it i have loads but they're all green, hard and not juicy:(. It's summer time here so hope some will start to ripen as they aren't cheap to buy and I'm anxious to try all the ideas you guys have suggested :). I'd love to start the day with a squeeze of lemon in a glass of water, loads of lemon in my hommus, the mayo/garlic and lemon sounds delicious and as for the chilli toreados, Trellum, with soy sauce and lemon:p. Do you have a special recipe becauae it sounds wonderful. When I do have lots of lemons, from a friend with a wonderful old lemon tree being held upright with rope, i always do olive oil and lemon juice salad dressing which is very tasty.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I always did whenever some dishes are too salty for my taste. There are so many things we can actually do with lemon and this is a must buy citrus and should always be present in our kitchen. You can use it as tea, for detox, added flavor to some dishes and more.

Ask a Question