Learning some tips about gardening.

Reaction score
Hi all

I am in consideration for a job at a home and garden business and wonder if you might be able to give me some key things I should know.

I have been researching growing seasons, tools needed for different jobs etc. But I really do not know too much about the variety of plants, trees or shrubs out there. Wonder if I should be studying up on what might be common things for gardeners that I will need to help them with?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am in the process of learning myself with an interest in growing a garden and growing flowers. I am just trying to be pro active and learn as much as I can.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Well, what is the job description for the position you are being considered for? You should look into what is required for those specific tasks and then gradually expand your knowledge. Most likely the plants that are sold will have tags that describe what care they need. Why not try and learn the layout of the business? That way you'll know where things are even if you don't know what to do with them.

Ask a Question