Learning and sharing

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Many here have discussed the issue of suitability of soil for different purposes. My experience has taught me many things. I do know for example whatever that grows beneath the ground needs sandy soil. In the process of learning more about this I came across a very interesting link which I would like to share with you.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/plants-for-soil-types

Reaction score
Awesome link! Thanks lot for sharing, I grew up in an area with silt soil. I used it in my pots to plant all sorts of ornamental plants, they did great, but I did notice the fruit trees of my dad didn't do so well. They're still around, but one of them is still little, lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Awesome link! Thanks lot for sharing, I grew up in an area with silt soil. I used it in my pots to plant all sorts of ornamental plants, they did great, but I did notice the fruit trees of my dad didn't do so well. They're still around, but one of them is still little, lol.

Sometimes knowledge alone is not enough. We must have the time and I could add energy to give our plants what they need to optimise their performance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this link! It's a very informative article. I learned a lot by reading it:) I'm ashamed to confess it, but my knowledge about soil types was very limited.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thank you for sharing this link! It's a very informative article. I learned a lot by reading it:) I'm ashamed to confess it, but my knowledge about soil types was very limited.

That makes two of us :LOL:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for that information. I will be checking my soil type this weekend, I think I have clay in my soil.

Ask a Question