Old Gardener Learning New Tricks.

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Anna, and I have been gardening with my grandmother since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some of my earliest memories are of her scolding me for picking tomatoes off the vine and eating them. I have had a garden every year except this year. We have been busy moving my parents to their new house, moving us into this one, me starting a new job, and my daughter starting at a new school. So no garden this year. I would still like to try to do some container gardening though, and would like some advise, how to's, and maybe a few tips along the way. The staples in my garden every year are potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, bush beans, pole beans, strawberries, and cabbage. I want to learn what I can grow in some fairly large containers outside, that it isn't too late to get planted. Now that we are semi-settled, I am ready to get my hands dirty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard Anna! :) Sounds like your family has had a busy time recently! Where abouts in the world are you?

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Anna! :) Sounds like your family has had a busy time recently! Where abouts in the world are you?
We are in Oklahoma. Down South near Texas! And yes, it has been busy, but we had a great opportunity that we could not let pass us by. We have some great land now to make a garden, just haven't been able to get it all readied this year. And thank you for the warm welcome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi all! My name is Anna, and I have been gardening with my grandmother since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some of my earliest memories are of her scolding me for picking tomatoes off the vine and eating them. I have had a garden every year except this year. We have been busy moving my parents to their new house, moving us into this one, me starting a new job, and my daughter starting at a new school. So no garden this year. I would still like to try to do some container gardening though, and would like some advise, how to's, and maybe a few tips along the way. The staples in my garden every year are potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, bush beans, pole beans, strawberries, and cabbage. I want to learn what I can grow in some fairly large containers outside, that it isn't too late to get planted. Now that we are semi-settled, I am ready to get my hands dirty!
I think it is too late for potatos but go to the vegetable forum and small space potato gardening and I bet you can sure get ready for next year.

Ask a Question