Learning Resources for Newbies

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I am new to gardening and I want to learn about growing roses. Are there some training videos or books that I can get to help me get up to speed fast? Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yes, there is a wealth of information out there and it is simply a matter of knowing where to look. That is really the benefit of the age we live in, I guess, and I would say that start out with a simple search. If growing roses is your aim, I am sure that there are whole sites dedicated to the practice, full of videos and tutorials for you to follow. I cannot speak of any particular, but I am confident that you can find some. Best of luck, and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Here is a link to a rose nursery where we get roses, and their website has a FAQ that gives the basics about planting, watering, and keeping roses healthy: https://www.chambleeroses.com/faq.php
Over the years we have found that hybrid, grafted roses don't do well in our Texas climate. However, own-root roses can hold their own against our bugs, heat, and varying weather. You may be facing the same conditions in S. Africa, so take the variety of rose into consideration when choosing what to plant.

Ask a Question