Late June 2015 garden update (harvesting squash)

Reaction score
Several days ago we picked about five small yellow squash, then today, we harvested over 10 yellow squash. The squash seeds came from vegan seed company. Many of the vegetables I'm growing came from the seed sold at this company. I have been buying seeds from them for three years. I'm highly satisfied with the quality, germinate rate, and price of the seeds. I get the seed vault which contains thousands of seeds of a wide variety of vegetables and fruits.
As you can see below, the squash garden is growing productively. We should be harvesting zucchini and yellow squash for the next month and a half. Especially if I continue to weed and hoe up dirt around the plants, this will grow healthy fruits.

DSCF5378.JPG

Next to the squash garden is the mountains of beans. The northern beans have made pods, but I'm not sure if the pinto beans have started. Spaghetti squash, acorn squash, and butternut squash are growing amongst the beans as well.

Other Acorn squash plants are growing amongst the Tomato and pepper plants. One acorn squash fruit is forming beautifully.

The Pumpkins are getting bigger by the day, of course.

Original post @ Late June 2015 garden update (harvesting squash)

-Cassie K

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
All looks yummy CassieK. My son and daughter-in-law extended my veggie garden last season and grew some zucchinis and pumpkin. Lovely and fresh. I do grow tomatoes and some lettuce but not very prolifically. Must try harder with in veggie patch as I love the proceeds! :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They look wonderful and so fresh! The squash and the beans are my favorite! You will have a great harvest this year.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your harvest looks good, will you be canning and freezing for the fall?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I envy your harvest of squash. The most we had from squash are the flowers that we mix in a vegetable dish. Right now we have squash vines that is crawling and has flowers already but I don't think it will bear fruit because we are not caring for it. And why not? The lady bugs are eating the leaves and my husband wouldn't want to spray with insecticide... not good for our health.

Ask a Question