Larisa and I keep streptocarpus. Do you grow Streptocarpus?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I still have some more strepts and I wonder if I should post them as soon I will be repeating them, hopefully, if they don't die on me that is..

Larisa: Do your strepts get covered by aphids??? It's like a nightmare for me.

I need to get a bottle to make this potion. I hadn't bought bananas for nearly 2 years until last week... What a co-incidence. After hearing my sister in law's anecdote, I picked up a banana skin from the supermarket .. after telling the staff that I didn't pinch it .. They are giving them free to kids and some uneducated person ate them and just chucked the skin near the corner of a fridge, so I used a plastic bag to pick it up... :mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Larisa: Do your strepts get covered by aphids???

No, I do not take them with me to the country house. Strepts always lives in the city. Rather, a spider mite can cause problems for me.
Aphids lives in the garden. But here sell a good remedy. If the spray is in time, there is no problem.

You picked up a banana peel?:D
I planted a watermelon last year. But suddenly the cold came when I was in the city. I made large plastic bottles to cover the plants. But I was in such a rush that I forgot them at home. So I had to get out of the car at each garbage can to collect new ones. It's good that people here will not be surprised at anything! :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa LOL! I know I sound desperate - picking up rubbish like a tramp! I got coffee grind and egg shells for free from the café up the road.

It's a new challenge to grow water melon and galia melon, but I really want to try, not to see if I have any success.. Only time will tell.. I had success with yellow melon and it was delicious ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's very difficult for us to grow water melon to fruition and even harder for you in your short growing season. There's just not enough heat for us to grow them. I can't even grow a proper cucumber in my sun lounge.. But I like a challenge. I will find a polystyrene box and put the whole thing in the hottest place in my house.. Will upload pic when I have assembled the materials..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
In a Russian forum, a woman from Latvia showed photos of her watermelon. She raised it in a city apartment on the balcony behind the glass. In Latvia it is always a cold summer. Her husband did not believe in success. But the watermelon really grew big and sweet. Now her husband asks that she again planted. Inventiveness is the main friend of northern gardeners. (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, yes. I managed to harvest 2 yellow melons and the vine just stretched towards the street. Quite hilarious.. I might try the same spot again.. LOL!

Ask a Question