Large Indoor Money Tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all!

I have a very large money tree I purchased about a year or so ago. Since Then I've had some wired things happens that I hope to prevent going fwd. The tree is braided and consist of 5 trunks.

1) One of the trunks has died. Not sure why (maybe competing for water?) there is no sign of root rot, drainage is great (maybe too good?)
2) I consistently get new leaves spouting at the bottom on only one of the trunks.... Like alot of sprouting! The other trunks have not done this ever since I've owned the plant which I find as odd and maybe a sign that the other are not healthy?

Not much growth has taken place on the top leaves. I get a leave fall here and there but for the most part it's been the same leaves since I've had the plant minus the ones from the dead one. Any thoughts? I would like to get some top growth going to fill in what the dead plant left open . NOTE: I repotted the plant about 5 days ago from the pot it was bought in and added some plant food in the top soil. Thanks!

IMG_0148.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You have one of the healthiest Money Trees I’ve ever seen! They frequently lose a trunk or two when they’re braided. You can remove the dead trunk, starting at the top and stop when you find live tissue. Keep doing what you’ve been doing. The sprouts at the bottom may be from the dead stem and you can try braiding the new stem into the rest of the plant. Otherwise remove it so the braiding stays uniform.

Ask a Question