Large Grow Bags, Price Varies Greatly

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I'm looking to use large grow bags for trees for about 3-5 years for each tree. Looking at prices, I see some on Amazon with good reviews as low as $2.70 per 15 gallon: https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-5-Pack-Thickened-Nonwoven-Handles/dp/B00VWU37QG?th=1, and as high as $19.90. Am i missing something major here?
Well for one thing retail shoppers mistakenly think no freight is involved. For something so light it can be around 15 dollars regardless of whether you bought 1 or 5. They pay sales tax on the included fulfillment fees so no authorities will complain I would think.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We bought some wrapping paper that was cheap and looked to be like a good size roll for the money. About halfway through the wrapping paper they had put in about 5 yards of thick cardboard rolled up in it. They stuck that in there to beef up the looks of it so it looks bigger. I have also noticed the tape has about 1 mm of tape around a 3" wheel and the packaging tries to hide the size of the wheel, lol. Sometimes you just get what you pay for.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Lord He'p me! I bought those 15 gallon grow bags. I have 20 or so 7 gallon ones in the shed already. Guess what I will be filling this spring? I think I will use water heater sized pans under them. I hope I can find some cheap commercial pans that do not already have the hole.

Ask a Question