Kimchi-My first batch.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2016/January 2016/11 January 2016 Kimchi/HTML/ 11 January 2016 Kimchi
This is y first attempt at making Kimchi. I did not record each ingredient only the finished product in fermenting mode. The ingredients are napa cabbage,carrots, red radish,garlic, green onions, cooking onion,whole wheat flour,sugar, balsannic vinegar,guacamole,soy sauce, dulce,ginger,Paprika,sprinkle of hot pepper, almost all I could find.From my research almost any vegetable can be utilized. I purchased the bubblier and rubber stopper and drilled a hole in a plastic lid to accommodate.The sauce was very pleasant tasting. It will be allowed to ferment for a week or more before utilizing. If this turns out well, I will enlarge my efforts and ferment many more products.
dsc_825611%20january%202016%20kimchi_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks good @Durgan (y) I'm looking forward to hearing about how it turns out!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
So cool! Thanks for sharing the journey with us - I love cooking and recipes so tutorials are always interesting!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The kimchi is bubbling a bit this morning. So far it looks good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
South Africa
Oh wow Durgan, that's really awesome!
You make it sound so easy!
I absolutely love kimchi, I lived in South Korea for two years and ate it every day, it's amazing stuff, so healthy and tasty, I can't wait to hear how your's comes out. Well done for being so adventurous!

Ask a Question