Just because it's outdoors doesn't make it yours

Reaction score
I saw this today while I was out walking Charlie and I thought of you...

View attachment 481

There was a second one posted a few feet away, but the pooch was pulling me down the street so I didn't have time to get off a second picture. Maybe tomorrow :)

Ha! That's a cute sign. What kind of dog is Charlie? I kind of inherited a rat terrier (looks like a less fluffy Jack Russell terrier) from a relative who went senile and couldn't take care of him. My cat hates him. I say "kind of inherited" because my relative still thinks she has a dog and she doesn't have the awareness that she was forgetting to feed him.
Alzheimer's is hell and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Ha! That's a cute sign. What kind of dog is Charlie? I kind of inherited a rat terrier (looks like a less fluffy Jack Russell terrier) from a relative who went senile and couldn't take care of him. My cat hates him. I say "kind of inherited" because my relative still thinks she has a dog and she doesn't have the awareness that she was forgetting to feed him.
Alzheimer's is hell and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Charlie is a cocker spaniel; he actually belongs to my mom, but I am her pet nanny so I spend a lot of time with him. He's a real sweetheart and he loves going for walks. Of course, he thinks he is walking me now, lol. He's too funny. That's too bad about your relative; it's good you are able to take care of the dog.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Here is the other sign I mentioned above:

130409_0017.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ChanellG, this is such a creative and funny sign. I hope that it worked and that no one steals this person's flowers anymore:)
I found this picture:

stealing-plants-74876537413.jpeg

Reaction score
I think I'm still mad and feel violated and that's why I'm cranky.
It's not even just a maintenance worker thing, it's a more general issue.
You can't have things outside your door like your plants and your patio furniture, or your kids' yard toys because people steal them.
That's ridiculous and I don't get why people think something is fair game just because it's outside. I think that gardeners and landscaping enthusiasts like the people in this forum feel it more because some of their favorite stuff is outside and you can't really put locks on plants and gargoyles.

Feeling violated is horrible! I'm sorry you went through that. I don't understand why people are disrespectful of others space and property. I am a trusting person and automatically think everyone is thoughtful of others like myself. So, when something like your story happens, it has a deeper effect.

Hopefully your new place will be perfect! :)

Reaction score
ChanellG, this is such a creative and funny sign. I hope that it worked and that no one steals this person's flowers anymore:)
I found this picture:

stealing-plants-74876537413.jpeg

I love that sign and it's true, it's vile to steal something that's alive.
Stealing is bad anyway, but stealing living things like plants and animals is just despicable.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a dilemma. The cat came to stay some months ago, it spends all day and night here, if you put it out its back in half an hour.
But it obviously belongs to someone else. We didn't buy it.

Now what are we going to do when we sell the house??

Reaction score
We've got a dilemma. The cat came to stay some months ago, it spends all day and night here, if you put it out its back in half an hour.
But it obviously belongs to someone else. We didn't buy it.

Now what are we going to do when we sell the house??
My neighbor's cat decided to visit us one day so I fed her. That was a mistake on my part because once you do that, they keep returning. I don't mind animals visiting us but I feel bad when the cry at our door and we don't let them in.

He will return back to his own home when you stop giving him the comforts of your home. Or you can ask around and try to find the owners.

Reaction score
People can be amazingly horrible, and some places are much worse than others. I lived in an apartment in a walk up apartment in Vancouver with a toddler. There was a parking lot behind the building for the tenants, open, not gated or underground. My parents had given me their old Capris Classic because it was old enough to have next to no monetary value, but they had bought it new and maintained it, so that it was a lovely reliable car. In the wee hours one morning, a crew went in and stripped everything they could from the car, the engine, muffler, alternator, they even removed the tires to take the brake pads, and left the shell in the parking lot. To make matters worse, one of my neighbours watched the whole thing, but didn't come and let me know until hours later, because he didn't want to wake us up! I had to pay to get it towed away, and when it was half-way out of the driveway, they tow truck driver decided he wanted more money than we had agreed on to tow it!

That was the worst case, but I've had things broken and stolen, as have my neighbours. Where we live now is pretty good, and we have had no issues so far. ACSAPA, I hope you found a better place to live than that one when you moved!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's awful CPL :(

Reaction score
It certainly was at the time - I was broke and really needed that car! But I am a firm believer in karma, and I'm sure that the low-life's that feel they can help themselves to other people's hard earned possessions just can't understand why they have such a consistently awful life.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Got a few stories about Karma, won't tell the first one as it involved a terrible accident.

But the other....

When Willow was a toddler we used to go fishing a lot, her attention span would wander and she'd go off picking up litter off the beach and putting it in the bin.

No one asked her to, she just did it off her own back.

I still remember the look on her face when she silently held up the £10 note she'd just found. I asked her if she knew what it was, she said no. I said that's Karma.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, she also went and swept up the War Memorial next to our house, mainly because she was bored. But the secretary of the British Legion got wind of it, she not only got a letter from the committee thanking her, she also got asked to lay a wreath on November 11th.

Reaction score
Oh, she also went and swept up the War Memorial next to our house, mainly because she was bored. But the secretary of the British Legion got wind of it, she not only got a letter from the committee thanking her, she also got asked to lay a wreath on November 11th.
See, now that's the kind of person who renews my hope for the human race! Good for her - she sounds like a wonderful girl!

Ask a Question