Just because it's outdoors doesn't make it yours

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I'd like to have something like this in my garden because maybe it wouldn't scare off uninvited guests but for sure it would make them laugh so I'd have time to call for help:p

LOL! Claudine, you are too funny!

I love it.
Plus it's a lot less violent than "Trespassers will be thrown into a wood chipper and turned into mulch."
Maybe one day people on this planet will learn to respect everyone else's space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lol, something like this might also help to scare off uninvited guests:p :

The-other-day-some-jackass-broke-into-our-garden-and-stole-our-tomatoes-this-is-the-sign-my-dad-left-for-the-thief.jpeg

Reaction score
Lol, something like this might also help to scare off uninvited guests:p :

The-other-day-some-jackass-broke-into-our-garden-and-stole-our-tomatoes-this-is-the-sign-my-dad-left-for-the-thief.jpeg
That's pretty funny. I guess a lot of people deal with lack of respect for boundaries and private property.
This sign is pretty darn terrifying. I wouldn't mess with these people.

725ebcf0c09c7ede40aa5e309f05ab2e.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
This sign is pretty darn terrifying. I wouldn't mess with these people.

725ebcf0c09c7ede40aa5e309f05ab2e.jpg

Now that's funny! Weird, but bur funny, lol. I know there's some pop culture reference here that is eluding me, but that's okay because I wouldn't want to be told I have a "purty" mouth by anyone! LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a really cute sign and in my opinion it's also a very classy way to deal with thieves:

5567736724_ddb383f459.jpg

I'm sure the thief was very ashamed when he saw it:p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Now that's funny! Weird, but bur funny, lol. I know there's some pop culture reference here that is eluding me, but that's okay because I wouldn't want to be told I have a "purty" mouth by anyone! LOL

You not seen Deliverance? :D

Reaction score
Wow! Now, the daffodil thing is classy - and yes, sort of plays on guilt. The other signs - to me, they read like escalating - if somebody's prepared to thieve, I'd be wary of putting out anything like those. Mind you, the "purty mouth" one, they sound well able to take care of themselves!

I'm accidentally lucky here - as well as being here most of the time myself, because I work from home, my neighbours are in and out all day, and have three big Alsatian dogs - they're really friendly, but burglars wouldn't know that!

Reaction score

It's a reference to a male rape scene in Deliverance. Some inbred hillbilly with missing teeth tells Angelina Jolie's father Jon Voight that he has a pretty mouth as he's about to force him at gunpoint to do gay stuff.

Male rape isn't funny but this movie is referenced a lot in comedy because there's something horrible and funny about hillbillies who look like they've been beaten with an ugly stick telling a man that he has a "purty mouth" and ordering his chubby friend to squeal like a pig while being hogtied.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing nasty at all in the clip, just banjo playing:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm accidentally lucky here - as well as being here most of the time myself, because I work from home, my neighbours are in and out all day, and have three big Alsatian dogs - they're really friendly, but burglars wouldn't know that!

Lol, dogs are always great to protect a garden. I own a Yorkie and he is really small but I'm sure some people might think he is dangerous because he barks like crazy every time when he see a stranger and he bites without hesitation:eek: . He isn't friendly at all. We all love him but I'm sure that a thief wouldn't feel the same about him:p

Reaction score
Nope, and I have a feeling I'm not going to! Just thinking about the comments above gives me the shivers, lol. Not even going to watch that clip you posted!

The clip Zigs posted is actually safe. It's just a musical banjo duet from the part of the movie before things got weird. Those hillbillies can play the heck out of a banjo.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I can't wait to move into an apartment this year. It's a smaller space but at least everyone can't access a private balcony, unless they happen to be Spider Man.

I saw this today while I was out walking Charlie and I thought of you...

130408_0003.jpg

There was a second one posted a few feet away, but the pooch was pulling me down the street so I didn't have time to get off a second picture. Maybe tomorrow :)

Ask a Question