Just a leaf and a twig

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I try my hand at making flower arrangements and have spent a lot of time indulging in this art.I even had an exhibition of my creations a few years ago.
I have found out it is not always necessary that we should have flowers to create an interesting arrangement.

asparapgus.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is very nice looking, @grouie and the green you used making it very artistic looking! The yellow leaf looks beautiful!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Looks really creative and lovely Grouie (y) I tend to put flowers in a vase when I'm cutting back and only yesterday did just that with ersyimum and cherry pie/ heliotrope. My attempt was pretty disastrous! Looked awful.:( I left the arrangement for about 30 minutes before tossing it out. My son asked how come I'd put dead flowers In a vase. I need to do a bit more homework on what plants are suitable for flower arrangements. I have a friend who, like you, is talented at putting arrangements together......she has done the flowers for my youngest sons 2 weddings after all! She uses unusual items like twigs and arranges them in an asymmetrical and dramatic way. They look great. I keep trying and have had some successes but certainly not yesterday's attempt.:confused:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Grouie, I do admire people like you who have an eye for the unusual and creative. Do you have photos of other arrangements you have done? I'm sure we'd all love to see them.
I am not creative, but I do copy well!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Looks really creative and lovely Grouie (y) I tend to put flowers in a vase when I'm cutting back and only yesterday did just that with ersyimum and cherry pie/ heliotrope. My attempt was pretty disastrous! Looked awful.:( I left the arrangement for about 30 minutes before tossing it out. My son asked how come I'd put dead flowers In a vase. I need to do a bit more homework on what plants are suitable for flower arrangements. I have a friend who, like you, is talented at putting arrangements together......she has done the flowers for my youngest sons 2 weddings after all! She uses unusual items like twigs and arranges them in an asymmetrical and dramatic way. They look great. I keep trying and have had some successes but certainly not yesterday's attempt.:confused:

You just have to tap your creativity.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
There are so many things that you can do and I have seen window displays with twigs and other things on them with a simple flower just to add colour. Another good idea is to take an acorn and spray it gold or silver for xmas décor on the tables.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really like this arrangement. It is dimple and yet very elegant. Some of the best things in life are the ones that are so simple to make. It would make a very nice centerpiece for a fall party.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
There are so many things that you can do and I have seen window displays with twigs and other things on them with a simple flower just to add colour. Another good idea is to take an acorn and spray it gold or silver for xmas décor on the tables.
I prefer a natural effect. All those things in the picture are natural.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I really like this arrangement. It is dimple and yet very elegant. Some of the best things in life are the ones that are so simple to make. It would make a very nice centerpiece for a fall party.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Very interesting arrangement. In the Netherlands they do something similar with small twigs of different kinds, plus other nice things. Something like this:

upload_2015-6-23_7-22-21.jpeg

004-620.jpg

shop6-large.jpg

I loved them :) I don't celebrate chistmas at home, but I will in my new home, so I will make my own :) I will surely show you guys!

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I love the Christmas ones and anything really that looks like it has been made with effort. Décor is wonderful when you have creativity going on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Very interesting arrangement. In the Netherlands they do something similar with small twigs of different kinds, plus other nice things. Something like this:

View attachment 7464

004-620.jpg

shop6-large.jpg

I loved them :) I don't celebrate chistmas at home, but I will in my new home, so I will make my own :) I will surely show you guys!
They are beautiful. There is no end to creativity if one has imagination. I had posted a christmas arrangement earlier.The flowers are from my garden.
xmascandle.jpg
Here it is.

Ask a Question