Jasmine needs help desperately

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello
I've just joined the forum as I need some help with my Jasmine. It was an indoor plant, for several years, growing long and rather straggley. It was replanted outside recently, in the sunshine and with a trellis to grow up.
It is slowly turning white and I think it's dying. Can anyone help please? The soil has been tested and it's very alkaline.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Did you harden it off before planting out? It's been quite chilly and a few frost forecasts for the UK this week. Has it been overwatered/what is the drainage like?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't heard of hardening a plant and therein lies the problem I would say. It's been indoors and now suddenly it's outside....
It hasn't been overwatered, it has good drainage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Rach, do you still have the label for this plant? As far as I can see it does not seem to be a hardy variety, and will probably not survive outside. There are very many different varieties of Jasmine and I think they belong to the Olive family :confused:
The term ''hardening off'' just means that a mollycoddled plant that has lived inside needs to be introduced to the big outside world - gradually. Unfortunately, some houseplants just do not put up with English ''outside''

It may be a good idea to invest in a Jasmine officinale, or some nice hardy honeysuckles or clematis for your garden. Where are you in the UK. Anywhere near me in Kent?

By the way, welcome to the forums :)

Ask a Question