Japanese Double Rose

Reaction score
The easiest rose that I have ever grown would be the Japanese Double Rose. I have heard it called an Easter Rose. It has beautiful yellow flowers that look more like a dandelion than a traditional rose and it has no thorns. I do very little maintenance to the one I have in my yard. When I do need to trim it back, I pull the runner like shoots from the ground and start new plants. I don't usually have to root them since they already have roots formed.

JAPANESE%20ROSE.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's a beautiful plant. There is one planted in a garden nearby - I think it's the same as this one - and the leaves go a gorgeous yellow colour in autumn too. So pretty!

Reaction score
As Becky as has already said - these are beautiful and very versatile shrubs - but think CountryQueen you are meaning that it is " Kerria Japonica " that you are growing - rather than a rose - as although these plants are commonly known as " The Japanese Double Rose " - they are in fact not a rose at all - but a spring flowering arching shrub which as you mentioned - are extremely easy to care for and propagate.

Reaction score
I don't know if I have ever seen one of those but I would remember it if I had. It is quite beautiful and I am really into the fact that it is a shrub. I have a space that would be perfect for it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Even though it doesn't look like a rose to me, I find this plant really gorgeous! I've always had a soft spot for shrubs that produce yellow flowers. When I was a child, my parents used to grow forsythias in their garden, they were giant and beautiful.

Reaction score
These can get very large like yellow bells (forsythia). If I remember right, the Japanese double rose can grow to be 10'x10'. The one in my yard is almost 7' tall and about 4' wide. I have only had it for two years. It was 4' tall and about a foot wide when I bought it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a gorgeous plant with such beautiful flowers! I don't really care what they are called, as it is confusing, and all I know is the flowers are so pretty. It would be great to see in the neighborhood, and I am sure it would be jaw-dropping :)

Ask a Question