It's torrential rain tonight

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
The showers started around 4 pm then stopped now it's heavŷ again.

How is your weather ?

Reaction score
The weather over here is a bit cooler, but not completely cold or cool. As long as it's not warm I am happy! Hopefully we will get more rain!

Reaction score
I am currently in Spain and the summer here is absolutely marvellous. It's dry, warm and sunny with pleasant temperatures around 28C on average. I particularly love the long days. At 10:30 pm there is still light in the sky. :)
Kath, I hope the heavy rain won't cause too much damage in your garden!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Y'know, I'm not sure it was light, so early or so late, when I was younger; in fact I'm sure it got dark earlier, because that's what ended the football I played.

Reaction score
I am in North Alabama, USA and we have had a good bit of rain so far this summer, but it is never enough. It has been hot and dry this last week, but there is a cold front that is to move in Monday night and bring us rain during the night and on Tuesday. It is also going to give us a break from the heat. It has been in the 90s and it is to go into the low 80s. I know I am looking forward to that!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Wow!

There was a period of increased insolation from our sun which may have heated the planet slightly, and it looks like it's possible that it may have slightly affected Earth's orbit. This would explain a lot about the planet's climate, and the day length.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am in the Mid-Atlantic area of the states, it has been raining a lot lately and we have a warning out for heavy winds and rain for the day. It has taken a while for it to get warm this summer.

Reaction score
Connecticut here. We had a good and heavy rain last night but I think that its a preview for later today. Heavy weather expected later this afternoon and into tonight.

Reaction score
Last night we had cloud to cloud lightning, that was like a light show. The clouds would light up, but there was no thunder or contact with the ground.
In spite of the dramatic display, it didn't actually rain last night. I'd actually love some rain. It's hot and my plants look thirsty.

Reaction score
Over the past week and a half there has been a dramatic thunderstorm every evening. It lasts about 30-40 minutes, starts with some heat lightening and then builds up to cloud to cloud lightening and thunder, then it's like the clouds open up and just dump water. I was out driving when one of these started and almost every driver pulled over because the rain was so heavy it was really limiting visibility. I'm so grateful for the rain, it's been so hot and it really perks my garden up.

Reaction score
It's so hot in Jamaica right now that i have being praying for days just for a little drizzle of rain getting a torrential downpour would be a blessing to many dry overheated souls.

Reaction score
I would love some rain today. It's not even 9AM yet and it's already hot. I hate hot, stagnant days when not even a breeze moves.

Reaction score
I can relate to what you're experiencing at times i feel like i could stay in the shower all day.

Ask a Question